Search results

1. morto1980

Mont 24 entry in Mixed Foursome

Hi, I have an entry in the Mont 24 next weekend. Team is pretty relaxed and currently has three riders - one female two male. PM me if you are interested or need more details. Cheers, Shane
  2. morto1980

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

I remember that! Yep - above and beyond :) All things considered, I think the organisation of both events was pretty damn good (I remember thinking "wonder if they've bitten off more than they can chew with 2 huge events at the *same* time"). Good to see that Mullet is keen to hear people's...
  3. morto1980

Spot in Scott mixed Six

Hey folks, We've got a spot (actually 2) in a mixed team of 6 available - relaxed atmosphere with a mix of fast and average riders. We're keen to have some extra riders so we're not working too hard :) Cheers, Shane.
  4. morto1980

cheap hydro or up market cable brakes?

BB7s are surprisingly good - one thing I like about mechanical discs is that they're quite user serviceable (hydros are a pain to shorten cable with bleeding, etc). I guess another benefit is that they're lighter (in most cases). I would happily run BB7s on any of my bikes...
  5. morto1980

NSW Queanbeyan Council Dirt Jump and Pump Track Park

This is fantastic - goes to show Canberrans should stop hanging shit on Qbn ;-)
  6. morto1980

Scott 24hr 2009

Dude - riding past on my last lap (weary as you are after riding all night) - all I saw was arrows pointing all over the place (sometimes at each other) that confused the hell out of me. I would have hit it if I could have found it :D I did pump the downramp as instructed though :cool:
  7. morto1980

Scott 24hr 2009

Firstly, I'd like to say thanks to the event team - it was one hell of a well oiled machine. The only downside (in the eyes of a punter) was the absence of Mr Baker on timing - you don't know what you've got till it's gone. Secondly, in relation to the quote above, I should mention that I saw...
  8. morto1980

Best route Albion Park -> Wollongong

Hey All, I'm planning to ride from Canberra to Wollongong in early August. I'm pretty confident the ride to Goulburn (Federal/Hume) and then to Robertson (Illawarra Hwy) and then to Albion Park (Macquarie Pass) should be OK. I'm not sure which road to take to Wollongong from there -...
  9. morto1980

Women, etc.

Thanks for telling us your story, Dan - hearing things like this that give me faith that there are still some good/genuine people out there... It would have been so easy for your mate to turn his back on you and the result would have been terrible. Just by putting a bit of effort in he's...
  10. morto1980

countrike and online gaming internet usage

The actual game play won't use a lot of bandwidth but Steam downloads a lot of updates for the games which might cause you to go over your cap - have you checked that? (I just re-installed hl2, team fortress, cs, etc and it downloaded ~1GB of updates!)
  11. morto1980

Scott 24hr 2009

And even if it was good for those of us who ride more technical trails frequently, on more than one occasion I almost came unstuck by being caught out by a punter who decided to stop dead in the middle of the rock garden / other obstacles (forcing "interesting" line choices) :D I trust the CORC...
  12. morto1980

Is Majura under threat from road upgrade?

Bucket Master - thanks for the update - that's just the sort of info I've been after. There are some negatives in there but also lots of opportunity (and that's what we should be looking for). I've popped FRDrew a PM about getting involved. Cheers!
  13. morto1980

First of all, please calm down. Hopefully it's just the late hour or other stuff stressing you out. I was just about to ask if I could help you out with organising comms to club members regarding this issue (since your first paragraph made a good point). But now I feel a little awkward. Ok -...
  14. morto1980

Let's have a mature discussion, people No one is having a crack at CORC - the points made were quite clearly: 1) CORC members are concerned about what is going to happen to Majura 2) CORC members are wondering if the club may be seen as having had their fair share of govt...
  15. morto1980

car loan and subaru

And don't forget sometimes they're worth the paper they're printed on. For laughs, I had a look at the "warranty" that came with my 1st car (2nd hand purchase) - it didn't cover most of the things that went wrong with it over the years :)
  16. morto1980

Now that I've had time to read this carefully and have a look at the maps this isn't such a bad outcome (especially if we can access blocks 620 + 586 to build some more beginner friendly tracks similar to south shore, damn track, etc). Bucket Master / FR Drew - please keep us in the loop and...
  17. morto1980

Mont 24hr

Another +1 for the Bike Culture boys - our friend had brake issues (on a new bike) after her practice lap on Friday and their mechanic tuned them quickly and with a smile & gave us a rundown on how to do so in the future. God I love this sport - we have a few bad apples but so many truly nice...
  18. morto1980

Rotorburn, the new Farkin

Probably a good move changing from farkin.net. I liked it, but it was really really hard to explain to people :) One question though - what if you only have v-brakes??? :(
  19. morto1980

Mont 24hr

And remember that Glen says it doesn't count as a rock if it's not bigger than a microwave :eek: Better reinforce those jersey pockets!
  20. morto1980

Capital Punishment - AROC Shambles!

A lot of CCC and TvCC events run around stromlo without closing roads (just "caution: cycling event in progress" signs up). I'm sure there is a precedent - it just depends on how they handle it....