Search results

1. D

Wave washer for Fox F120RL lockout assembly

I am in need of the wave washers that go under the lockout cap on the top leg of the above mentioned fork. I've tried Fox (Sola) but unfortunately the kit for the lockout assembly does not have the wave washers in it. I have a mate who is looking for an after-market one through some of his...
  2. D

Fox F120RL service - FAILED

So I thought I'd have a crack at changing the seals and oil in my fork, and all was going along very nicely, was almost finished, I had the air sleeve in and sorted, and was torquing up the lower leg of the damper cartridge when bang, the threaded shaft of the base valve assembly snapped clean...
  3. D

Bottom brackets - Is ceramic that much better

So after 8 hours in the mud of Capital punishment, my BB bearings are shot to sh*t... My options as I see it are: 1) Replace the bearings with a diymtb basic enduro bearing kit for about $40.00 2) Go the ceramic option through diymtb for +$100.00 3) Purchase a comlpete new BB with ceramic...
  4. D

Bike security - How do you make sure your bike is still there in the morning

A local just had his bike stolen, so I'm interested to hear what people do to secure their bikes at home. Like many, I'm probably a little lax when it comes to securing my bike, however I 'd have to say I live in a reasonably low crime area. I lock it to a work-stand to prevent the drunk...
  5. D

nitelight's - how do they rate

One of the mtb mags have an ad for nitelights, claiming 900 lumens, for only $160.00. Has anyone tried them, and if so what are they like? What is the helmet mount like? http://www.nitelights.com.au/ is where the info is....
  6. D

15mm through axle and roof racks

As the title may suggest I'm looking at ways of transporting my shiny new Trance X1 around on the roof, up until now a standard rack has been fine. I've had a quick look around (not extensive) on the web and found that the only option is the thule racks where you leave the front wheel on...
  7. D

Will skins help before a race (otway)

As the title suggests I'd be interested to hear people's thought about wearing skins for say 12 hours before a race and if they would help in any way. Post up your thoughts......
  8. D

Shimano HG cassette compatible with SRAM casassette - 8 speed

I'm doing some work on my brothers bike, replacing the drivetrain etc for him, and it would appear that the new SRAM 8 speed cassette that he bought is not compatible with the old Shimano 8 speed cassette that we removed from the bike. Can anyone confirm this? If you need more info please let...
  9. D

Easter at Khancoban - is anyone riding there and where do I ride

OK, so I'm spending easter at the Khancoban caravan park. Can anyone shed some light on where to ride some good XC around the area..... Better yet is anyone going to be in the area over the easter weekend, as I'd prefer to go out with at least one other. I'd be looking to get out for a good...
  10. D

Front derailluer problems - not shifting

I've just replaced the cable on my front derailluer and now I can't seem to get it to work properly. I can get the inner and middle rings shifting ok, but when I get onto the big ring, I can't shift down to the middle ring. When I release tension, the derailluer just sticks in position. I've...
  11. D

Cold weather clothing.....

As the thread title suggests, I'm looking for ideas on what clothing people use for cold weather riding. I am looking at doing 5-6:00 am rides in temps that at times start in the negatives, and don't go much above zero by the time I'm finished...:eek: In particular I am looking at upper body...
  12. D

Chrohn's Crusdade - o8 TDF

Posting up for a mate who is planning on doing a charity ride. Register away...... I have a massive side project on the go that I would like to ask you to help me with. I am attempting to ride the entire 2008 Tour de France route in July next year to raise funds and awareness for...
  13. D

X trail or Forrester

Hi All, I'm looking to upgrade the old faithful in the next 6 months or so, and pretty much had my mind set on a Subaru Forrester. That was until I drove an X trail yesterday. I was pretty happy with how the X-trail drove. At the moment they are about 3K less on the road... Can any one...
  14. D

Rear suspension bush kit

It is time to replace the bushes in the rear suspension linkage of my 2003 Giant NRS. I have been to the LBS, and they are quoting exhorbitant prices for a rebuild kit, comprising of a few bolts, bushes and spacers. Does any one know of an aftermarket supplier for a suitable kit? Or an online...
  15. D

Lock on grips - Lock in or out?

I just got my first set of lock on grips, and as I've never really taken notice before, I'm not sure whether the lock should be on the inside or outside? I am assuming the outside, but thought I'd check to be sure. Thanks,
  16. D

Scott 24hr

I've been looking through various farkin posts and other websites looking for information on what time you need to start taking lights with you at the Scott 24hr. Does anyone know? Also what time do you actually need to start using them, as there is often a difference between the two...
  17. D

Eyes watering up on fast descents

I have been having a problem with my eyes watering up when doing fast descents...... :eek: The problem is I struggle to see ruts, logs, rocks etc when it gets really bad. I wear a pair of Arnette catfish sunnies, which wrap around, however the arms are not wide. Any suggestions on how I can...
  18. D

Juicy 5's - Pad tab rubbing on IS mount...

Hi, I hope someone can give me some info on the Juicy 5's. I am installing the front brake at the moment as per the manual, however the outer brake pad tab fouls on the IS mount when I nip up the CPS adjustment bolts. Apart from filing the tab back slightly, is there any other suggestions...