Search results

1. D

My wax based lube recipe

I'd be interested to hear your experiences with this wax. I'm leaving my run a little late for testing but I just mixed a batch up for use in the Otway this year. Will it last the 100k's if I give the chain a good soaking? Lets assume we will have plesent conditions, no mud.......
  2. D

Opinions sought please.Cannondale or Specialized.

I'm on a dale SS from about 09 vintage, and it is nice... I've recently trialled a geared XTC and it was harsh. The dale jus tfeels so much nicer on the body going through the rough stuff. I don't know how the 09 compares with new models, but I'd suggest even a quick test ride will sort the...
  3. D

Gravity 12hr - Bright 2012

Will there be camping at the track in bright..... I hope so, it helps when you have kids in tow.... Hopefuly we can get back to Rosewhite next year. My favourite track/event full stop.
  4. D

Rambo 2011

I'll second those sentiments on the track yesterday. As good as I've seen them in a long time. And that little section down near reedy dam, I get turned around every time I go down there.... A big thumbs up to the guy who powered past me on the fire-road climb out of intestine on a rigid...
  5. D

wankers that ride trails when they are wet/muddy

wankers that ride trails when they are wet/muddy I don't think it's fair to call someone a wanker just because they are wet and muddy. I'll often take a nice mud bath before getting out on the trails.....
  6. D

PUSHY'S 6 HOUR ENDURO - Vic Enduro Series Round 5 - Albury - ENTRIES NOW OPEN

Just back from riding the course on a singlespeed 29er, course is rideable and I'm generally closer to the back end of the field. I think I'll be on the geared bike for most of the race, but I reckon there is a lap or two on the singlespeed in me.... I wasn't really wanting for a taller gear...
  7. D

Wave washer for Fox F120RL lockout assembly

I am in need of the wave washers that go under the lockout cap on the top leg of the above mentioned fork. I've tried Fox (Sola) but unfortunately the kit for the lockout assembly does not have the wave washers in it. I have a mate who is looking for an after-market one through some of his...
  8. D

MTBA Comissaires for 2011

We run weekly dirt crits with maybe 10 - 15 riders, most are not timed, people just out for a bit of fun in a club sanctioned event. At the moment I am struggling to see how these will be able to run post 1 January. I agree with previous posts, for larger events, sure have the commisaire...
  9. D

Fox F120RL service - FAILED

I've emailed SOLA the distributor, so I'll see how I go with them. I did use a torque wrench, set at about 4 ft-lbs, I'll compare it against a few at work this week to make sure it wasn't out of wack and over-tightening.
  10. D

Fox F120RL service - FAILED

So I thought I'd have a crack at changing the seals and oil in my fork, and all was going along very nicely, was almost finished, I had the air sleeve in and sorted, and was torquing up the lower leg of the damper cartridge when bang, the threaded shaft of the base valve assembly snapped clean...
  11. D

Fox 32mm F100 Fork Service

A question for you Rookie, On the enduro website, which model fork did you use for a guide, the Talas or the F100X, I'm going to have a go this weekend at doing my F120's and will need all the help I can get. Thanks,
  12. D

Bottom brackets - Is ceramic that much better

Tools shouldn't be too much of a problem, between my work, and a mate who works for SKF, I should be able to get hold of what I need....... I think. By the way, welcome back....
  13. D

Bottom brackets - Is ceramic that much better

So after 8 hours in the mud of Capital punishment, my BB bearings are shot to sh*t... My options as I see it are: 1) Replace the bearings with a diymtb basic enduro bearing kit for about $40.00 2) Go the ceramic option through diymtb for +$100.00 3) Purchase a comlpete new BB with ceramic...
  14. D

Capital Punishment is GO

The start list is up, looks like 1095 entered for the 100km race. Impressive.
  15. D

Vasectomy

Done a couple of years ago in a private hospital. I think all I had to pay was the excess, which was maybe $500.00 Check with your heath insurance provider..... I was knocked out for mine, there was no way I wanted to be awake when someone was coming at my nuts with a knife.
  16. D

Rotor rub - hub related??

The caliper still needed to be manipulated into the right position, but it seems to have worked.....
  17. D

Bike security - How do you make sure your bike is still there in the morning

A local just had his bike stolen, so I'm interested to hear what people do to secure their bikes at home. Like many, I'm probably a little lax when it comes to securing my bike, however I 'd have to say I live in a reasonably low crime area. I lock it to a work-stand to prevent the drunk...
  18. D

Capital Punishment is GO

I'd be interested to hear if anyone didn't get it, it's seems all the people I've spoken got a gig..... Maybe all that pre-race angst was in vein......
  19. D

$35 @ the lbs to clean it up, & repack it with grease. Aparantly the bearings were OK, which should be the case after only 6 months use. They said there was a fair amount of dirt and crap in there. Everything feels nice and tight again.
  20. D

And the bear wins by a nose........ Had had the hub serviced today, put the wheel back in and on the few laps around the backyard tonight there was no noise, so it's looks like it's solved.... In Summary: If you have problems with your brakes, get your hubs serviced..... Thanks for all...