Search results

1. G

juicy 5 pad alignment (n00b needs help)

It's all good now, I just wasn't sure how much force was necessary and didn't want to do any damage. Thanks guys!
  2. G

Okay, I've tried using the tip of a flat bladed screw driver but I'm not having much luck, I can only move them a little and certainly not far enough.
  3. G

Hi Yesterday, when I had to remove my front wheel in order to cram my bike in to a very small car, I think I must have bumped the front brake lever getting it in and out. Anyway, now the pads are all too close together and I can't get the rotor back in easily without lots of rubbing. Can...
  4. G

Which do-it-all bike? orange/santa cruz/specialized

It's done, I went with another Chameleon in the end. I got a good price and some nice parts. Will post pics when I get it, should be in about 2-3 weeks. So it's not a full suss but it's still an awesome bike and after test riding so many other bikes I know i'll still be more than happy with it...
  5. G

Gah, guys! I'd convinced myself I was going to go with another Chameleon after not finding any better deals on the Enduro today. :confused: :confused: My reason being that as much as I want to go full suss with the Enduro i don't *have* to, the Chameleon is cheaper and I can pay cash, even if...
  6. G

Looking for best Price on Specialized 06 Enduro Expert

Hey all, I'm considering buying an 06 Enduro Expert (cheapest Enduro with a Fox 36) but trying to find the best price, particularly as my LBS doesn't stock Specialized. So, has anyone seen an 06 Enduro Expert advertised lower than 4500 AU, ideally in Melbourne? They're offering me that...
  7. G

Alright, just tried a Cannondale Prophet and a Mongoose Tecolai something or other... Neither was a particularly inspring ride and we did play with the shock setups a bit, so of all the bikes I've ridden if I was going to buy a full suss I'd take the Enduro. I'm deffinetly not prepared to buy...
  8. G

Very long term g/f so do need to try and get hit past her *although* when I came home and told her that the Enduro was frickin awesome she was like, "Why are you telling me, you're going to buy something way too expensive anyway..." Can't sell the cat's either, too cute, and I did by them for...
  9. G

For anyone still watching, I tried a medium 06 Enduro expert with fox 26s, best bike I've ridden so far. Although it was heavier (apparently) than the reign 3 I tried this morning the bike felt much more alive and responsive, not sure the finances will stretch that for, or more so whether the...
  10. G

Not made a descision yet. I tried out a Giant Reign 3 this morning. Not something I was looking at originially and I'd deffinetly go for a higher spec model, but the frame felt pretty good, could ride it all day quite happily. Although it felt small for a 20" frame and a bit more XC...
  11. G

Compressing picture on a mac

If you have a recent Mac use iPhoto. Import the pictures from you camera straight in to iPhoto (you can also import photos already on your computer) Export them from iPhoto, when you export you can choose the *size* and quality. I think what you really want to do is reduce the size...
  12. G

Yeah, I'm glad Neezy finally got a website! They have a really nice deal on a Heckler at the moment, not sure about the fork, heard the DUC32 is meant to be pretty good though. I'm >< close to buying it, if only I could take it for a test ride...
  13. G

I meant to say what these quick test ride really hammered home to me is that finding the right bike is much more about geometry than suspension design and components. On all the bikes I tried I really missed the agility and responsiveness of the Chameleon. I have to say a Kona Dawg Deluxe was...