Search results

1. Benzy

How was toowoomba? VIDEO UP, CAN GET PEOPLE IN VIDEO PICTURES

Do you mean 2:29 or 3:29? 2:29 is fast... Damn fast!
  2. Benzy

Introductions

Why not? Name: Brendon (will do). Age: 27 Disclipline: Ungraceful plowing, breaking parts, eating shit and getting injured (not always in that order). Bikes: SC Chameleon.
  3. Benzy

Toowoomba XC Riders help us build it (XC track Extension)

I won't be doing any building (or doing any serious riding) for a while to come as I have slipped a disc in my back and is pinching the nerve root of my right leg... Needless to say I'm out indefinitely. :mad:
  4. Benzy

Malfunctions? Show The Breakage!

We were just cruising down a hill and hit some water bars in a fire road and my mate was complaining that the forks (actually Toras) felt like they were locked out... Next minute they look like that. Ended up using zip ties from the crown around the lower arch bit to hold it together to get back...
  5. Benzy

Malfunctions? Show The Breakage!

This is a mate of mines forks. I'm sure he wont mind me posting this up.
  6. Benzy

McFrenzy Maintenance - Saturday 21st Febuary

Maintenance has already been done... Pretty sure Jock and Louis (correct me if I'm wrong) put in a massive effort (like 6 hours) to do the lot themselves. Track is sweet.
  7. Benzy

Pike Brake Mount - Machined ridge making brake alignment suck.

Yeah had the same problem with my 454 Pikes and an 8" adaptor. The LBS just machined a notch out of the adaptor as you intend to do and works perfect.
  8. Benzy

Bike week club ride

Seatpost will be fixed. See you all there.
  9. Benzy

Thomson post compatibility with 8mm seat rails

Have searched but found nothing... Just wondering if anyone runs 8mm seat rails with a Thomson elite post and if they are compatible. I remember reading somewhere (possibly in the leaflet that comes with the post) that it is only compatible with 6-7mm rails. I ask this because I recently...
  10. Benzy

McFrenzy Maintenance - Saturday 21st Febuary

I will be there as long as it doesn't piss down all night... I don't do slop.
  11. Benzy

Raw for the Weight Weenies?

Speed holes! :D
  12. Benzy

Warranty Times

I have a mate with a set of forks in at the moment awaiting a new rebound cartridge under warranty... Since October :eek::eek: Apparently the part needed to be ordered from Italy and it missed the first shipment and he's still waiting as a result.
  13. Benzy

Turtles?

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that this legislation (in QLD) was only passed in (from memory November 2004), before which, people could (although shouldn't) collect and keep turtles etc. from the wild. People who already had turtles as pets (weren't sold in pet shops back...
  14. Benzy

Derailleur choice for XT crankset

Shimano medium cage derailleurs have a total tooth capacity of 33T whereas the long cage has a capacity of 45T. You get this number by (big ring teeth number - granny ring teeth number) + (biggest cassette gear teeth number - smallest cassette gear teeth number). I'm guessing you will run an...
  15. Benzy

Autralia Day ride 5.30pm Gormans Gap

I also did the no show... What is it with organized rides and rain?
  16. Benzy

Autralia Day ride 5.30pm Gormans Gap

I'll be there... Haven't been down G.G in a long time so should be interesting. **edit** Do you mean AM or PM??? If it's PM then you might want to have the Careflight chopper briefed and ready for my arrival.
  17. Benzy

Why do it?

I ride because it gets me off the couch (gaining weight and decreasing life expectancy) and out in the open fresh air doing something that gives me both an adrenaline rush, fitness gains and pushes my mental boundaries. Part of the reason riding is so addictive is because no matter how good...
  18. Benzy

Xc Riders required Sat10th Jan 2009 2.30pm

Thats now 183 views and including myself, we now have 5 of us (woooohooo). I may be a little late due to prior commitments but should be able to make it.
  19. Benzy

TLD Moto Shorts Sizing

I currently own a pair of Fox Strafer Shorts in size 38 (yes I am huge) and am looking at buying a pair of TLD moto shorts. Just wondering if they are similar sizes to the Fox's or should I buy smaller? Does anyone own both brands and if so, how do they compare size wise?
  20. Benzy

Boxing Day Ride - 5:30am

Who's keen for a ride on the morning of the 26th starting at 5:30am? I'm open to suggestions as to route but was thinking something along the lines of Frenzy - Rollercat (x2 laps) and back up. Pace will be casual and should be all done within 2-3 hours.