Search results

1. J

Byron Bay MTB Park

Sweet open day!! Big shout out to Travis and all the crew who have pulled together a great venue and fun little trail. Super-fun day and great vibe yesterday, and a great turn-out of numbers. Will be good to watch the trail bed in over the next few months, especially the open top sections...
  2. J

STOLEN (VIC) Cannondale Rush 3Z - US spec not imported to Oz

Bike: 07/08 Cannondale Rush 3Z - US only spec, a rather rare find in Melbourne. Colour: Charcoal frame and swingarm with blue and white flashes over headtube area Date it was stolen: Monday 3rd May Where it was stolen: Preston, Melbs, Vic Specs: Med frame with FSA headset reducer to run...
  3. J

Going to Cambodia - reading suggestions?

Anything by David Chandler is worth a read if you can find it locally, 'Brother Number 1' isn't a fun read, but a good insight. Take a deep breath before you do S-21, the random insanity is a mind warp. Still, Cambodia is one of my favourite places, the Khmers are wonderful people for the most...
  4. J

Fruita, Coloarado & Moab, Utah and other stuff

Brian Head too. If you've got a few extra days in Utah after Moab, head south to Cedar City and hit up Brian Head and the canyon trails around Zion and Bryce. Very different to Moab, but awesome all the same.
  5. J

Dredging Port Phillip Bay

Brissie River downstream of the Bremer confluence and colleges crossing is actually a fair bit cleaner than 10 years ago. Partly due to stopping dredging, but also due to upgrades to the Oxley and Luggage Point treatment plants. The main cause of the lovely turbidity you see in the lower reaches...
  6. J

Melbourne MTB XC riding

Hey there, What part of Brissie are you from?? ie what are your usual trails up there?? I moved down here from Bris about 2 years ago. Was living in MtGravatt, so lots of trails close to home. Now the closest options for me (inner north suburbs) is Yarra trails. You won't be challenged...
  7. J

whats the funniest thing you've ever heard yelled at a rider

Commuting home on Friday arvo had a chappie in his 'fully sick' Nissan yell "Buy a car ya farkin cheapskate". Almost gagged and choked with laughter.. Obviously didn't see the 'One less car' sticker on the toptube
  8. J

Guilty Attractions

I'll make room for Nigella Lawson in my kitchen anytime.. But Anna Corren, geez man, wash your mouth out.. Maybe Naomi Robson?? Imagine the witty conversations.. The sensationalised righteous anger over you leaving the toilet seat up.
  9. J

COG bike cafe

Whereabouts in Warby is it?? I was in Warby on Sat for post-ride coffee and would rather support a rider-owned place than have old tea ladies glaring at us for being muddy.
  10. J

100mm XC forks

What: 100mm-ish XC forks Price range/Willing to Pay: UP to $350 Location: Melbourne, but don't mind paying postage from.., anywhere really. Extra Info: Need a steerer at least 21cm as I'm building up a larger frame. Air or coil/oil, and would prefer forks to be less than 3 yrs old.
  11. J

DH track in Arana hills Bunya Area.

Cool to see Oppy's role has changed from implementing the MTB component of the Coo-tha mangement plan to being a paid DH consultant.. When did that happen?? Blaming him isn't going to help you in any way. Geez, do you have any idea of the frustration of working in local goverment and trying to...
  12. J

Road or Mountain bike for Round the Bay in a Day?

Get a roadie. Heya.. I did Round the Bay on a MTB with slicks last year.. Will be looking at a roadie this time for the 'Legend' distance. The efficiency and lighter weight make a big difference over that sort of distance. Make sure whatever bike you decide on is set up for your body...
  13. J

Sold

Check your email please.
  14. J

so how did the aussies do in the comm games xc race then?

The Ugandan gentlemen had also ridden in the road race and time trial. Good on him for having a go. Was cool watching the Kenyans sliding down the roock rollover on the top tube, feet off the pedals. Crowd was going nuts cheering them on.. The Africans still had smiles on their faces on lap seven..
  15. J

"Goose of the Day" at the Comm Games

Not as gold as Bodin's run in.. But anyway, standing at the rock garden, all squished in with the crowd and hollering at Chris and Sid on lap two and gently politely clapping the poms when I noticed this tall guy in a suit standing behind me. Thought he might have been one of the team reps or...
  16. J

What are you reading?

'Four corners of light' by Brian Keenan, an Alaskan adventure by the British guy who was held captive in Beriut in '83. 'South America on a shoe-string', Lonely Planet.. Getting amped for next years trans-continental biking adventure.
  17. J

i hate whale hunters.

The weight of scientific evidence against whaling is massive.. If you take Humpbacks for instance, (soon to be included on the Japanese harpoon target menu btw) they seem to be recovering at about 11% p.a based on new born calves identified during the annual east and west Aust migrations. But...
  18. J

Riding around Coffs, Sydney, Melb, Adelaide :)

Mr Plow, if you're keen for some Coffs action go see Ventoux cycles just near Park Beach Plaza on the northside of town, they'll be able to sort you out with directions etc for Mt Coramba and a couple of other DH spots.. There's heaps of XC/trailriding, but not sure you wanna pedal yer rig up...