Search results

1. M

Castlecove DJ's and Northbridge Pump Track Maintenance Days - Volunteers

Hi guys, Look forward to seeing everyone there. Many hands make light work and awesome jumps/pumptracks so harden up and do some digging! Radness, Dave
  2. M

Fight for the Grove

Hi everyone. So the Grove has been rebuilt but is still officially closed to riders. There is a meeting Wednesday night at the usual location, Seaforth Oval clubhouse at 7:30pm. Important Council members will be there and we need numbers to show that we're still keen for the Grove to be opened...
  3. M

Fight for the Grove - Meeting 8/3/10 TONIGHT!

Hi everyone, Sorry about the late notice, but I'm addressing Manly Council at their monthly meeting regarding the progress of The Grove dirt jump facility. Meeting starts at 7:15 and I should be up about 7:30. A show of numbers would be greatly appreciated and give our mission and my...
  4. M

Fight for The Grove - getting there!

Hi everyone, Tonight's the night. I know this battle seems never ending, but spending an hour or so sitting around on a wednesday night, checking out plans for a new dirt jump park isn't all that bad. If we don't get numbers there, the Council can easily just pull the funding and we'll get...
  5. M

Fight for The Grove - getting there!

Thanks to all those who came to the October meeting! We have another one that we need to get some numbers to. Wednesday 2nd December at Seaforth Oval clubhouse at 7:30pm. Things have been progressing! Simon French from Dirt Art has been up from Tassie a couple of times to check out the...
  6. M

Fight for the Grove

Meeting is on tonight! We need numbers to show the Council that we're still keen. We had over 50 people at the first meeting and we need to keep on pushing. Things are happening already including surveys, environmental studies etc but if we don't show them we're still keen they can easily...
  7. M

Fight for the Grove

Last month's meeting was cancelled but we're on for this month! Wednesday 7th October at Seaforth Oval clubhouse at 7:30pm. The Mayor and other councillors will be attending and we need riders (and their families) to attend to show them that we still want a dirt jump/pump track facility in...
  8. M

Fight for the Grove - Attendees required!

Hi everyone, Meeting is cancelled! The Mayor now cannot make it so we'll do this another month. Sorry about the mess around. Please let people know who might have been planning to attend. Cheers, Dave.
  9. M

Petition Need Sigs Attn Adl Zone 3 and 4 Mitcham Needs pos feedback closes 11th June

too easy That was super easy to fill out. Everyone just do it even if you'll never ride in SA. If you help them, they'll help you when you're trying to get trails in your area. But really, do it. Don't be lame. Do it now.
  10. M

The Grove - Who likes jumps?!

Hi everyone, Tomorrow night is the night to let Henry Wong know that we're here to stay and we want some sweet trails. Please come along if you can, I know you'll make the effort when we have the trails built! Cheers, Dave
  11. M

The Grove - Who likes jumps?!

Hi everyone! You guessed it, there's another meeting that we need to fill! This coming Wednesday 1st April - Seaforth Oval clubhouse at 7:30pm for another Seaforth North Precinct meeting. Manly Council's General Manager Henry Wong, the guy who got The Grove demolished, will be in attendance...
  12. M

NSW Mountain bike use of illegal tracks & closed trails

And by Hybrid bikes you obviously mean 29ers... Regarding illegal trails/NPWS etc, Australia is so far behind the times when compared to Europe, North America, NZ etc. I heard that NZ declassified the mountain bike as a vehicle hence allowing it to venture off 'vehicle' tracks. Is there an...
  13. M

15 mm Axles. Fad or future?

I had fox 32 talas QR last year and am now riding fox 32 talas 15QR and it's a whole new level! The sooner QR is only on roadies the merrier. My understanding is that Fox/Shimano developed the 15QR rather than running 20mm to differentiate between their trail riding forks and their DH/freeride...
  14. M

Fight for The Grove!

Thanks Tristan. Mark Norek is already on our side so other Councillors are probably more of a priority. Though a few to him won't hurt.
  15. M

Fight for The Grove!

Yeah, by now they know what The Grove is. But as tristan said, drop the words Seaforth or Dirt Jump Trails and they'll know what you're on about. Thanks everyone. Dave
  16. M

Fight for The Grove!

Yeah he's the Councillor moving the motion and lives just near the Grove. Thanks for your support dcrofty, even from the other side of the world!
  17. M

Fight for The Grove!

Hi everybody! Once again it's time for another Council meeting! We have had great attendance at the past 2 (thanks to all who came) but this one is big time... It's at the Council Chambers at the end of the Corso in Manly(not Seaforth oval this time). Monday 10th Nov at 7:30pm. The more...
  18. M

Discussion Closed. Delete Thread.

You probably could cause they're so smooooooth.
  19. M

*Dirtjumping & DH*

Muffin.... Sik shots alan key, keep up the good work. I can see differences in the jumping shots even if other people can't. Some people have their hands off and some their feet and some are twisting and i reckon you even change an f-stop once or twice there.
  20. M

Manly Council Elections - Grove Support

Manly Council elections are coming up. When considering who to vote for please read this press release from Mark Norek's New Management Team. It discusses their support for rebuilding The Grove and a new skatepark in Seaforth as well. Check out their website for their other election promises...