Search results

1. N

Transition Spire

What made you go Spire over Patrol?
  2. N

International Pedal clearance - all flats

Alright. Well the TMACs have arrived. I can’t tell if they’re real or not. Going to compare them to a mates set.
  3. N

Life and TPD insurance

I agree re pinning to top. I'm 42 - and really want to ensure until family is at point we dont really need this I get it sorted and am comfortable that I actually have coverage for mtn biking. I've invested quite a bit of time looking it's been a nightmare. Appreciate the help from @teK--...
  4. N

Life and TPD insurance

Noted and thanks. I can't even see how you get a policy directly with them which would support your recommendation that I'll have to find a reseller/adviser anyways.
  5. N

Life and TPD insurance

Thanks for sharing. Going to send them an email today.
  6. N

Bargain buys thread

I'm on cable GX and look forward to doing a full swap to Shimano Deore / SLX / XT. I have no idea how SRAM managed to convince us all that their cassettes are worth 3x that of a Shimano equivalent. The bike i have now is my first foray into SRAM drivetrain - GX - and I'm not impressed...
  7. N

Bargain buys thread

Sort of a bargain.... i figure everyone just wants transmission now which GX is about $1500 so why would you go back in technology? Cant see why anyone would buy AXS moving forward unless their bike isnt UDH compatible. So a bargain? Kind of sort of.
  8. N

Life and TPD insurance

Nope - i must have contacted a couple major providers (the usuals) plus a couple smaller boutique and the second you mention mountain biking they list it as an exclusion. So finding death cover is possible but not TPD and Income Protection which are really key. I wrote Aus Cycling asking them...
  9. N

Will let you know.... that's my sense but I thought I'd take a look anyways. In reading the reviews I got the feeling that there might be slight imperfections, so perhaps these are ones that didnt come off the assembly line perfectly and Deity flogs them off and denies any knowledge, or...
  10. N

I'll let everyone know once they arrive....... took the gamble.
  11. N

Yep. Assume Deity etc would put a stop on it but not sure how they even could. Just don’t want to waste $70 ha
  12. N

I really want them to be legit but there’s just no way…. Is there???
  13. N

Are the TMACs real from Aliexpress? Can't be at that price can they? $75 is very very low haha
  14. N

The Brig

They’re very real just unorganised. Shoot Eugene a msg on FB Messenger. Normally replies in minutes.
  15. N

The discount code thread

BB25VIP for bottom brackets
  16. N

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Much thanks. I can’t seem to get links to open specific stores but the ref numbers in the URLs should work somehow. Cheers
  17. N

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Where’s everyone buying Shimano XT drivetrain parts from?? Want full XT ideally. Currently on SRAM and the cassette prices are enough for me to do a wholesale swap. How is GX so much more expensive than XT????
  18. N

Little Things You Hate

Paying $10 for a shifter cable from my local shop especially when they grab it from the big box on the shelf. I’m all for the low packaging grab it from the box but how that costs the same as the waste of packaging version that shimano does (1 cable with plastic and cardboard packaging) is...
  19. N

NSW 2017-19 Rocky Mountain Slayer XL... Zeb Ultimates

Sold. Finally. I updated title but not sure it always works with Tapatalk Admins can remove.
  20. N

Bargain buys thread

Ya I bought the OneUp here from Canada shipped for $230AUD with the 40% off sale. Not sure if your $180 includes tax in Canada but if not by the time you add that and the FX it’s about the same.