Search results

1. R

Post Your XC Machine

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEquipPopup.jsp?equipimage=/OA_MEDIA/2008/bikes/9384-010_l.jpg&equipmodel=Epic Marathon Hey my bike is 2008 Specialized Epic Marathon and I freakin love it! The only niggle I have with it is that the brain shock can become abit overrun in continuing chop. But its...
  2. R

How good are Magura brakes?

I agree with john, I have been using 08 magura marta's on my Specialized Epic for about 4 months and they are great, great modulation and control, very precise brakes (and power when you need it). Wouldn't recomend using them for anymore than trail riding or cross country race(as I do) as there...
  3. R

Rear wheel movement

Just make sure that the lock nut (nut that butts up against the cone) is done up tight or the cones will come loose in a few rides. I find the easiest way is to place the other end of the axle in a vice (make sure you have a thread clamp or a softer metal procecting it!). If there is still play...
  4. R

trance and glory or reign?

I would say stay the hell away from Giants. Why do you think they put them out at such cheap prices? Sure their a big company but their not that big, they cut corners, you'll be replacing pivot bearings in 6 months.
  5. R

juicy 5's or shimano deor's?

I agree Shimano feel much better than 5's and if you were trail riding it would be the only choice, but if your planning to be downhilling on them than the 5's would probably be the way to go, just be ready for your face to be ripped off if you grab a fist full of brake.
  6. R

XC Rides

Hey Dozer not sure about Sunday, would have to know rough time as I will partying the night before. So probably not before 9ish ::p.
  7. R

XC Rides

Hey all it's Alan here, thought this could just be a thread for anyone wanting to organise a ride in the Coffs Harbour area. I'd also just put a shout out that if anyone is interested in some good old xc or trail riding I'm nealy always up for it. I live at Bucca so if you're keen for an...
  8. R

Nwd 7

Does anyone know the name of the song for the NWD 7 preview from freecaster?
  9. R

Coffs Cutters

I'm so up for what we talked about on Sunday Dozer. Two different tracks would be awesome, getting over that hill would just wreck the flow and there is wat too much peddling involved. Also maby having the old track as another deviation if we can convince the land holder would also be awesome...
  10. R

Best DH Track in NSW

Havnt ridin heaps of dh tracks but Mt Coramba just out off coffs has to be one of the best. Especially after all the recent work we've done on it. If ur up this way deffo give it a go!
  11. R

its a boy!! 06 DH comp (some bigish pics)

Wow! Dude that is a fucking sweet bike and i love the colour.how much does the new 06 one cost?