The bike industry crisis

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Is Kona next? We know Kona and Marin have been in trouble for while
It's kind of sad, those two brands in particular are what I call the people's choice. Kona is a cherished brand for heaps of riders hailing back to the stinky era. Marin is the affordable powerhouse that brings mtb to the masses with sharp pricing.

Going by the limited release of kona models, I'd say they are struggling quite hard.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
It's kind of sad, those two brands in particular are what I call the people's choice. Kona is a cherished brand for heaps of riders hailing back to the stinky era. Marin is the affordable powerhouse that brings mtb to the masses with sharp pricing.

Going by the limited release of kona models, I'd say they are struggling quite hard.
They have a two for one offer going at the moment, and while that's good for the customer, it's not sustainable for the company.
1713415849882.png

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Probably. I own a bike from GG that went under.
I’ll still be buying the bikes I want regardless. I want to support the little guys. Little guys push boundaries more, usually innovate more and build stuff that appeals to me for many reasons.
Of course I’d be feeling any potential company out but I won’t be going out and buying a Giant next just so I don’t have to worry about warranty support.
Last bike I bought, I had a shortlist of Kavenz (which I bought), Raaw (so close), Canfield and Nukeproof. It’s surprising to me now to see that the largest company, Nukeproof, are the ones that have gone under (have they gone under?).

I would be really sad to see any of the other three go under - they all seem focused on making good bikes for people that like to ride (as opposed to cynical marketing to make cash)