Confessions from the fuckwits

Scotty675

Cable thief
This thread has been quiet lately.

Anyway, this is on the workhorse commuter which doesn't get a lot of love for the amount of kms it does. Riding in to work Tuesday and noticed that the shifting was a bit slack, so I just tighten up the barrel adjuster and keep going. On the way home the rear brake starts making a terrible racket, hmmm maybe the pads gone it has been a while.
Put the bike in the stand on my work from home day (it was a lunch break I swear), one of the rear brake pads is worn down to metal and I found the cause of the dodgy shifting:
View attachment 389841

Hanging on by a couple of strands!!!
I think the cable B screwed

Reactions: PJO

Jpez

Down on the left!
Stopped at a cafe for a takeaway egg n bacon on the local loop. Finish it and go to throw the wrapper in the bin and not really paying attention I throw my gloves in instead. Bin is locked and no way to get them out. They were my fairly new ones too.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Stopped at a cafe for a takeaway egg n bacon on the local loop. Finish it and go to throw the wrapper in the bin and not really paying attention I throw my gloves in instead. Bin is locked and no way to get them out. They were my fairly new ones too.
Ha! That is champagne comedy.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Went to put a new stem on Saturday for my ride yesterday, and had to swap back as I didn't have any spare stem spacers but did the usual FWit thing of tightening my stem bolts before I did the topcap.
Good job I test rode it after...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
...did the usual FWit thing of tightening my stem bolts before I did the topcap.
During a bike-build I usually do up the top-cap to pre-load the headset, think to myself "I'll line the bars up and do up the stem bolts once everything's together". So I get everything together, then promptly ride off on the backyard test-ride with the stem still loose on the steerer (which you only find out when you go to turn and the bars turn but the wheel goes the other way once you lean in). Probably only done it an half-a-dozen times now... :oops:

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
During a bike-build I usually do up the top-cap to pre-load the headset, think to myself "I'll line the bars up and do up the stem bolts once everything's together". So I get everything together, then promptly ride off on the backyard test-ride with the stem still loose on the steerer (which you only find out when you go to turn and the bars turn but the wheel goes the other way once you lean in). Probably only done it an half-a-dozen times now... :oops:
Luckily I had mine on the bike rack to do, put it on the floor and did my usual ride up the street to check everything and I felt a clunk when the wheel dropped off the kerb and I realised what I'd done

Coopz

Likes Dirt
Stoopid me spent 30m swapping the chain over on my road bike this afternoon. Thought I'd take it for a test ride up and down my street after with my jeans and a awful Xmas wooly jumper with Santa and elves stitched on that I'd never wear in public. Thought I'd be Mr Safe and donned my helmet on. Anyway bike was fine, rode it back into the shed. Walked inside the house and saw a courier walking up the driveway, I went out and said hello, he gave me a box and looked at me weirdly before walking off, I wandered back and noticed in the mirror idiot me is still wearing my dorky road helmet.. I looked even more special needs than normal.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
It worked, but I would suggest this still belongs in here.

Got myself a couple of rechargeable 2032 batteries. No HR this morning means battery is flat. Hmmmm, how should I charge it? One day I'll get a bench top power supply, but that doesn't help me now.

Rigged up this, and it worked...... kinda. Just kept cycling through the initial startup phase, but I noticed the voltage just kept slowly increasing. Input voltage was nice, between 2.5-3.6v. Once it got up to 3.3v, I pulled it out. Probably took about 10min or so.

I'll see if it works in the morning.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
It worked, but I would suggest this still belongs in here.

Got myself a couple of rechargeable 2032 batteries. No HR this morning means battery is flat. Hmmmm, how should I charge it? One day I'll get a bench top power supply, but that doesn't help me now.

Rigged up this, and it worked...... kinda. Just kept cycling through the initial startup phase, but I noticed the voltage just kept slowly increasing. Input voltage was nice, between 2.5-3.6v. Once it got up to 3.3v, I pulled it out. Probably took about 10min or so.

I'll see if it works in the morning.
The vape gear really makes this. 10/10.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Definitely worthy of fuck wit of the year. Bought a shock for the new build awhile ago as was a good deal and local. Went to do a shock cycle for clearances and yep that’s close. Let’s check the site, why look at that your shock isn’t compatible with a small or medium frame. I ended up going with a medium as thought it would be more playful and that’s there recommendation for my height. Now wait for NSD to get back to me about the tune for a ttx that I was originally going to buy. Any other part I would of had spares. Build on hold and with weather was the perfect day to finish a bike.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Definitely worthy of fuck wit of the year. Bought a shock for the new build awhile ago as was a good deal and local. Went to do a shock cycle for clearances and yep that’s close. Let’s check the site, why look at that your shock isn’t compatible with a small or medium frame. I ended up going with a medium as thought it would be more playful and that’s there recommendation for my height. Now wait for NSD to get back to me about the tune for a ttx that I was originally going to buy. Any other part I would of had spares. Build on hold and with weather was the perfect day to finish a bike.
Is the size you need the newly released updated TTX?