Confessions from the fuckwits

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Bit of a nervous moment when oncoming traffic squeezed us off the road in Derby the other day... All the bikes were ok!!!

View attachment 373083
View attachment 373084View attachment 373085
Was that during the long weekend? There were some boofheads on the roads and the trails then.

One of those quad buggy shuttles drifted out trying to set a land speed record up Black Stump shuttle, and flew off down the hillside. Everyone survived.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

teK--

Eats Squid
Was that during the long weekend? There were some boofheads on the roads and the trails then.

One of those quad buggy shuttles drifted out trying to set a land speed record up Black Stump shuttle, and flew off down the hillside. Everyone survived.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
Yeah this weekend just passed. It was apparently their busiest weekend in a long time.

Jokes aside just glad everyone in the bus was ok... It was a brown undies moment until everyone got out safely.

First reaction was everyone put their helmets on!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yeah this weekend just passed. It was apparently their busiest weekend in a long time.

Jokes aside just glad everyone in the bus was ok... It was a brown undies moment until everyone got out safely.

First reaction was everyone put their helmets on!
No two-way radios on the bus ? You're lucky the ground wasn't really soft and the wheel didn't sink down.

moorey

call me Mia
You get heaps of private cars shuttling that road and driving wide and flying around corners. it’s a pretty small road.
Based on a trip of one...I thought there was a sign saying it was closed to the public? Maybe that was just for the Enduro National Champs.

teK--

Eats Squid
Based on a trip of one...I thought there was a sign saying it was closed to the public? Maybe that was just for the Enduro National Champs.
I recall seeing a sign that said "no private shuttling".

The vehicle we came to face (not a private vehicle); we both had clear vision of each other for a while, and approached each other slowly. It's just the road was barely wide enough for us both at that section. That is about all I will say rather than pin the blame on anyone.

P.s. the recovery was unexpectedly easy and non eventful. The local tow guy came up with a big tractor and plucked out van and trailer with minor panel damage only.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's a narrow road in most spots, not really suited to the volume of traffic that heads up & down - moreso on the busy weekends when it can be utter chaos. The turn around at the top has more recently been expanded a bit (still very limited in space), but it'd be worth the council funding some development for the road itself if they can get grants for it.

Re shuttles, It's a public road so they can't shut it to private shuttles. There's been a fair amount of contention about this in the past & is an ongoing sore spot for some. Personally i'd rather see a road upgrade to increase capacity rather than restrict access.

nathanm

Eats Squid
It's a narrow road in most spots, not really suited to the volume of traffic that heads up & down - moreso on the busy weekends when it can be utter chaos. The turn around at the top has more recently been expanded a bit (still very limited in space), but it'd be worth the council funding some development for the road itself if they can get grants for it.

Re shuttles, It's a public road so they can't shut it to private shuttles. There's been a fair amount of contention about this in the past & is an ongoing sore spot for some. Personally i'd rather see a road upgrade to increase capacity rather than restrict access.
I personally think if you're spending time and money in Derby then pay for a shuttle. If it was only shuttle companies then these issues simply wouldn't happen.
But i get people want to ride when they want and save a few bucks, but its really not worth the drama.
If council seal and widen the road then id imagine it will become a highway and the shuttle company revenue would suffer a severe downturn.
I really don't think theres ever a good solution to these types of issues, bar building a private road?