Recent content by xTeq

1. X

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Reverb! Managed to score a reverb from the merlin cycles sale for my Blur XC carbon and whoooaaa, How did I ever ride without a dropper post? This shit is the bees knees!
  2. X

Downhilling a Walmart Huffy

I was hoping for more stacks and more damage to the bike, it held up pretty good :roll:
  3. X

Recommended maintenance books and tool kits

Sickkkk! That's heaps cheaper than the ones on CRC! I hope the quality is there.
  4. X

Sorry to be ignorant, but would you please elaborate on a stitch'n'bitch and a bike kitchen? I'm ok with making mistakes, but not the night before I take the bike out for a ride haha! I'm a little nervous around the idea of working on my suspension to add to that! I was looking at that kit...
  5. X

Would purchasing tools this way become more costly? Or are the pre-packaged kits loaded with useless tools? I do like the idea of buying the essentials first - I think I'll need to research those and then start my purchases. Are there any more you'd recommended to start with, or is what you've...
  6. X

Good evening friends! I've been off the trails for a couple years and only recently have rekindled my love for the sport. I'm interested in conducting my own maintenance so I can learn more about my bike and save myself some money (in a way). After having a search through rotorburn for...
  7. X

Hornsby Mountain Bike Park

Chops, Cecil Hills has some awesome berms (HUGE! 4ft high and up at about 60 degrees!!) Its disappointing because theres also a lot of up hill pedalling and similar to Mt Annan, not much reward! You should enjoy Cecil Hills as it has a few good jumps and drops, perfect for a bit of hang time...
  8. X

Hornsby Mountain Bike Park

Jumped onto Hornsby with my uncle on Saturday arvo after picking my bike up Friday evening. BOY was I in for a surprise! I've been riding Mt Annan and sneaking onto the "Under Construction" Cecil Hills MTB Track, so Hornsby was a whole other ball park! Boy did I have fun! Got to admit though...
  9. X

going 1x10, what front ring size?

Ive recently bought a bike, which has 1x10, 32T Raceface Narrow Wide and 11-34T, Im not fit and my legs get an intense pump up climbs, but I soldier on and the bike makes it up the hills no problem! Sitting on the biggest sprocket up hills proves difficult and slow - but I think all steep climbs...
  10. X

Airdog, automated aerial go-pro drone.

I know the trails that I do has quite a number of trees and using the go pro, from a distance, it doesnt really capture whats going on... Unless theres a zoom function on my gopro I dont know about? LOL!
  11. X

Airdog, automated aerial go-pro drone.

Ive noticed in the videos that the drone is in a wide open area with virtually no obstacles, this being said, Im wondering how the drone will fair in bushland, flying through with us through bushy tracks. I don't think it'd like the company of a tree branch, haha!
  12. X

New Sydney rider back in the saddle.

How are the brakes on it?? Yeah Ive been told the Trance is better for all mountain, where as the Anthem is just a specialty bike. I always assumed that the anthem would be able to handle anything thrown at it! I'll get you to make your way south-west after the Cecil Hills track has been...
  13. X

New Sydney rider back in the saddle.

G'day Kyle! Welcome to the hood! Im new here too, but never received recognition :( How do you find the Trance 2? Ive been looking at getting a Trance or Anthem myself, decisions are tough, but how do you find the lower end componentry and suspension? Also, where in Sydney are you located...
  14. X

Who has ridden Giant trance advance 27.5 2 ?

Excellent! Congrats! Leave a review of it in this thread after your first ride! Im hoping to get a bike soon but I still dont know what I want :'(
  15. X

the quarry wrecker...

Its a bloody pushbike! That has to be the most irrelevant law Ive ever heard!