Recent content by wayne_g

1. W

Hardtail recommendation for wifey

Haha I didn't pick up on that, nice one. We'll both get a laugh out of that.
  2. W

Bike shop had one left of the Rocky Mountain Growler 40 in small, so I put a deposit down and will pick it up on the weekend. Bummed about the QR rear hub, but it should be fine for her needs. Thanks for the help everyone.
  3. W

Yeah she does, I'll try have a browse when she's not looking haha. Size small. Thanks heaps.
  4. W

Damn, I don't have a FB account these days.
  5. W

Oh right. Yeah I've definitely been hitting up gumtree, eBay and the rotorburn trading area for second hand, but haven't been able to find much. Did see a Trek Rosco 8 for $1k but I was too slow on that one. Thanks for the link to the scale but she needs a small. The Marin sq1 has a coil fork...
  6. W

Hi all, Looking at getting the wife a new bike for her birthday. Would like to get a 27.5 hardtail with 1x drivetrain and 120+mm air forks. Dropper would be a bonus but not a deal breaker as I can add one later. Budget is $1500 including dropper. I was all set on a Norco fluid HT 2 but they're...
  7. W

Trail/AM 29er alloy frame - On-One Parkwood?

Ended up grabbing a new Specialized Fuse Comp on sale.
  8. W

Juz, your bike is indeed sweet but out of my price range.. Ah, I didn't see the '+' in there. Good to know, thanks. The Taro also looks good (now Honzo AL). I'll keep an eye out for one of those too. Cheers.
  9. W

Thanks for the reply's. Yes I do need to buy everything from scratch, I realise this can blow budgets out but I like the idea of buying the gear I want the first time around. The NS eccentric looks suitable too, not 29 though. It works out the same price to get the NS from CRC or the On-One from...
  10. W

Hi from Newcastle

Hi Guys, Just signed up to the forums. Looking at building a new bike and getting back into it. Tried XC a few years ago but lost interest and sold my bike. This time I think I'll build a more all-rounder. Hoping to get some advice for the build :) Cheers, Wayne
  11. W

Hi Folks, I'm looking at getting back into riding again. I dabbled in racing XC a few years ago but lost interest and sold my bike. Recently I was in NZ and went for a ride on a hire bike in the sticky forest at Wanaka, was so much fun! That's the kind of riding I'd like to do this time around...