Recent content by VK2GOM

1. VK2GOM

NSW 26" STEEL rigid fork, 1-1/8" steerer, std QR, cheap - Repco / K-Mart etc.

Item: Steel rigid 26" front fork, with 1-1/8" steerer and normal Q/R dropouts. Off any old cheapie bike, like a Repco, K-Mart etc. Item Condition: Any - even rusty. It will be taken back to bare metal anyway. Price and price conditions: You tell me, but probably like $20 plus post? We can...
  2. VK2GOM

Hello! Welcome! Who are you?

How old are you? 38... 39 in Nov 2010. What state do you live? NSW W Sydney suburbs How long have you been riding? First rode a 2 wheel bike (Raleigh Pirate) unaided about 4yrs old, lots of bikes through teens, and a lot were home built, lots of MTB action until about 26 or 27 when had a...
  3. VK2GOM

Boxxer 2008 RED SPRING

Yes, and at 94kg I need a red one! The one in there at the moment is Yellow. Cheers - Rob
  4. VK2GOM

Boxxer 2008 RED SPRING

Item: Red (fat bloke) spring for my 2008 Boxxer Race. Location: Anywhere in Australia as long as you are willing to post or I can collect if local to Penrith NSW. Price range/Willing to Pay: You tell me. Extra Info: Does not have to be new, just good used condition is fine. Pics: It's only a...
  5. VK2GOM

B-Lines??

Nearly 39yrs old here... incidentally. An oldie - or at least I'm beginning to feel so :rolleyes: Is it true to say all 'C' lines should be 'rollable' and only B's introduce gaps/jumps/drops? Can there be gaps/jumps/drops on a 'C'? I notice Stromlo Worlds DH C line is meant to be all...
  6. VK2GOM

Can i use any chain guide??

Easiest way to find out is getting on your knees, and having a look :cool: You are looking for 3 tabs around your bottom bracket housing. When you find them, compare to this: http://www.e13components.com/support_iscg_explained.html ...to determine what you have, then order a...
  7. VK2GOM

Kona Stinky 2005 frame sizing vs. Me at 6ft 2"

Hi guys - any thoughts... I am looking to buy a second hand 2005 Kona Stinky with a Med frame size. I thought it would go Small, Med, Large. Apparently not - the size range in 2005 was Small, Med, Large, XL, XXL. My concern is I'm 6' 2" (188cm) and fairly long in the leg, and can't test...
  8. VK2GOM

Strange Hope XC hub disc fitting. Help!

I have a Hope XC front hub on my bike, that has a centre-lock style splined disc fitting. (see pic). Is there any sort of adaptor available to go from this to standard IS style 6 hole disc mounts? I see JetBlack do an adaptor to go from Shimano spline to 6 bolt, but my splines aren't quite...
  9. VK2GOM

Bad brake rub after disc change? Any ideas?

The rotor is completely flat - no problems there. The brake bracket is the right size - genuine Hayes no less. It's not scraping the caliper. There's no lever adjustment on the Hayes Nine / HFX-9, so it can only be - as you say - too much fluid in the system. I could try cracking the bleed...
  10. VK2GOM

Thanks for that. Have tried the business card trick before I posted, still rubbing. I think it really needs pressure relieving and the pistons retracting a bit. I should be sorted now with a bit of luck! Thanks again. Cheers - Rob
  11. VK2GOM

New "Push" Boxxer Kits

I wonder where you stand though if installed in a new set of forks. Does it void your warranty? It would be extremely easy for the manufacturer to refuse to play ball, blaming the foreign user-installed parts inside. Cheers - Rob
  12. VK2GOM

I just put a brand new rear Imperial brand 8" disc on my bike (thanks to a DHD sale!) and also changed the 74mm/IS adaptor block for the Hayes caliper, as it had a 6" disc on there before. However, the brake now rubs badly when the wheel turns. The pads are also new too, or at least, they...
  13. VK2GOM

Canberra 2009 Downhill Photos

Hi folks, Some of the photos from our visit to Canberra taken mainly around the Triple Treat area. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=137879&id=680114046&l=b41e6ba440 Peat takes Gold. Yeay! Cheers - Rob (A Brit)
  14. VK2GOM

Trail destruction

It's all stercus tauri (one to Google). Policies like this, dreamt up by people educated beyond their limited level of intelligence up in air conditioned towers, shuffling bits of paper back and forth are responsible for not only the loss of your fun-to-ride trail, but deaths of many people...
  15. VK2GOM

World Cup Mt Ste Anne footage tonight on One HD

I already saw a quick feature on it here (in Sydney) on OneHD while I was eating my tea. Will watch out for it later if they go into more depth. Cheers - Rob