Recent content by tugboat

1. T

Tubeless with Ardent Race - whats your experience?

I had two tubeless Ardent Race fitted to my 26" burped the front after about 2 mths. OK no problem, Two weeks later burped the rear. Took it back to the bike shop who supplied and fitted the tyres. The guy examined both tyres and said they had both stretched and he couldn't get them to seal ...
  2. T

Cable routing

Short and straight down the side.
  3. T

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Shortened the hoses on the XT Shimanos and internally routed the rear hose through the Epic frame. Binned the front derailler and fitted a 34t ring. Put my old 11 cm Thomson stem on cos I'm hopeless at tight switch back climbs. Now for a dropper....
  4. T

Weird Stuff you Do

I get energy from trees.
  5. T

Post Your XC Machine

Scott Scale 20 2005 carbon. Scale 20 2005. Bit retro, but she's still very quick up a single track. Apart from the odd replacement here and there, never had a problem. Pedal on weight is 10.4 kgs. Frame: Carbon CR1 XL Fork: Fox RLC 100 D. Front: Shimano XT Rear...
  6. T

Lumbar back braces

I have been a long term sufferer of the bulged disc in my lumber and spent many sessions on the osteo table. For the past 6 mths I have been using a Thermoskin lumber support and would recommend it when doing lifting work. My osteo (who is a genius) says it works in three ways. 1 keeps the...
  7. T

Lysterfeild MTB park

Some of those roos are massive! I came pretty close to hitting one as I came around a blind corner the other day - he was standing there staring at me! As he took off, his mate crossed my bow and nearly cleaned me up. Pretty impressive animals up close - have to remember it's their home.
  8. T

Best new hardtail XC bike I can get for $1000-$1800?

The talon is very good value with decent specs but is a bit 'fat' for those who want a light XC bike (about 14 kgs) - pretty robust frame and good quality build - definitely worth a look.
  9. T

Bike shops in Thailand

I remember seeing a decent bike shop in Bangkok. it's near Siam Square. It mostly caters for the tourist market and I found it pretty good, they'll try hard to book you into a tour - the shop is called Probike - You'll have to google the website the prices are in Thai Baht, $1AU = about 25 THB.