Recent content by sut

1. S

Active suspension

So is he saying, the guy who wrote 'Path Analysis', that there is basically not much difference between the a mono pivot and a four bar, that it is mostly an advertising ploy? sorry my phsyics abilities have long left the room or never actually got in the door.
  2. S

Active suspension

Could someone explain what this is? Is a four bar with a horst link an active suspension set-up? help.
  3. S

Warranties

Just wondering, do any manufactors give lifetime warranties on their frames?
  4. S

Best trail riding bike

Been looking at the Cove G-Spot and the Turner 5 Spot cant make up my mind which is better. Turner have a great rep for building bikes but then lots of people are saying good things about Cove. The Cove has an inch more travel but the five inches on the Turner is pretty good for a trail bike...
  5. S

1.5" Steerer

What do you think, are the 1.5" steerer forks any good. They would have to be stronger than 1 1/8 steerer, but they still dont give me the security that a double crown does.
  6. S

Grip!!!

http://gallery.future-i.com/KillerBike/pic:Front/ Hows this for grip
  7. S

Shocks

I have the chance of getting a 03 Ventana El Chamuco at a good price due to a shop making space for their new 04 stock but have the the choice of getting it with a Romic, Fox Float-R or a Fox Float-RC. I am leaning towards the Romic but have never ridden a bike with one. What do you think is best?
  8. S

Hayes Brakes

On my back brake when I pull the lever it comes right into the grip with only little purchase on the rotor. I have bled the brakes but it is still doing it, plus fluid comes out the bleed hole on the lever. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or what part I need to get to fix it?
  9. S

Yeti AS-X

Does anyone know where I can get a Yeti AS-X in Oz and how much they are going for?
  10. S

don't lose it!

I went to a locksmith and asked for a padlock thaat would take a bit to get through, then went and bought some high tensile chain. Would take an angle grinder or a pair of bolt cutters too big to put in your pocket, to get through the chain or lock. Good thing is it only cost around 50 bucks.
  11. S

craftworks frm125

Does anyone know anything about a new 04 frm125? I was thinking about buying an 03 but wondering if I should hold on.
  12. S

ventana

Does anyone know much about Ventana bikes? Read about it on www.dreambike.com , does anyone know if it is as good as they say?[/url]
  13. S

stolen bikes

I went to a farm mechandise store and brought a metre of drag chain that they use for towing sh#t with tractors, then went to a locksmith and got really good padlock. You need a angle grinder to cut through the chain and lock or a really big set of boltcutters.
  14. S

cheap DH

Have been looking at the DH bikes for sale in the US aand their is a new bike brand called the Wayless, has decent specs, dont want one just want to know what you all think of this idea to bring cheaper DH bikes out while not trying to be a cool brand name.
  15. S

better bike

yeah it is in an American ad, but it still only works out to be around $3500 for the pro, which isn't bad, 5th element rear, boxers front and XT/LX gear