Recent content by Stef

1. Stef

You know you're a cyclist when...

When you train 10hours a week to ignore the fact that she found a puffer to cheat on you with. Ouch
  2. Stef

What's your favourite online bike shop and why?

I know they're cheap but these sites are absolutely shafting local shops. There are some big changes to come. At the end of the day it's real money though isn't it? I only wish we could compete :(
  3. Stef

Hill "tweaked" his knee, aiming to be back for Maribor

Michael Jackson has passed away but his face lives on.
  4. Stef

motivation for training?

Dude, try and enter an event in a few months that you want to do well at. Then schedule a realistic plan to build on. In your case start with 3 hours on (hour sessions) the roadie each week to get your base going. Leave a note near your bed when the alarm goes of you can read "the mega avalanche...
  5. Stef

Jared Graves, Local Hero

Just gonna come right out and say it, I have the biggest man crush on Jared since I met him!
  6. Stef

Giant Ac dual

Standard steerer 1 1/8th. I have a 2005 AC1, long retired. I did start DH on it but had problems eating drivetrains. I think I was just riding it with a bent rear end though. Do make it single front and probs run the lowest travel setting for head angle and BBH. Enjoy that one, Stef
  7. Stef

Creaks

As a mechanic one of the biggest noise mongers I have found has been cable ends in the guides. If you have Jagwire with the metal outer caps they can do it. So to when your shimano gear outer caps when they're a bit old and dry out can cause the same creaking. You've been as thorough in the post...
  8. Stef

State Titels - Toowoomba Showground 15/11/09 (56k Banned)

Hey man, thanks for your work! I was 59 with Bikeology t-shirt on a blue Santa Cruz Chamelion, red helmet. br33swm@hotmail.com
  9. Stef

People that make downhill awesome

Jimmy from Bikeology in Brisbane. His enthusiasm is second to none. Organising his race team and spinning spanners even whilst he's racing. He's the first to sacrafice his own ride time and personal time to make sure others can do runs. True to his personality he's done this year in and year...
  10. Stef

Beerburrum 6 DH Challenge

Haydo I hope your playing Euro trash at the start! Just like the mega.
  11. Stef

DH/Enduro

I don't know about photos but Channel 7 was there and I presume that will take some time to finish their story as they were at the Cedar Creek race too. I'd love to see the results though, the Gravity main page isn't fully loading for me. It's strange to race and have no idea where I came...
  12. Stef

29er DH bike

tyre choice and frame choice are going to be limited for at least a year! That's providing it takes off. Mass production gives us options and like anything, something unique will be limited. Does have more stability on faster tracks though. Who knows, I want to see it.
  13. Stef

Enduro dh stage race 11/10/09 1.5h north Brisso

You guys have hit the nail on the head with this one! After doing the Mega Avalanche this year this is exactly what I'm after. +1 for a guaranteed entry I'll spread the word. Any chance of an open day? If you want to email me a flyer I'll put it up at TC's br33swm@hotmail.com Stef
  14. Stef

Upper Brookfield Sunshine Series Round 6

dude that was amazing!!! You should hi-five yourself, best vid I've seen from any queensland round ever! Bravo
  15. Stef

Sunshine Series 09 Brooky

Hi, I was #103 red/white sunday blue chestplate to br33swm@hotmail.com. Cheers heaps, Stef