Recent content by Static 81

1. Static 81

Norco Aline?

If I had the original frame, why would I wait till I smashed my grille before reinforcing the headtube? Just picked it up and it turns out the frame has been replaced. Happy days!!
  2. Static 81

Norco Aline?

That's exactly what I'm buying crazy-man. The cracking frames I'm not too worried about. I'm pretty handy with a tig if it hasn't been replaced already. Cheers Fred! That answered my question completely.
  3. Static 81

Norco Aline?

Hey guys. I am currently in the midst of purchasing a Norco Aline. Is there anything anyone can tell me to look out for on them? Any frame weaknesses, shoddy components or even geometry flaws?
  4. Static 81

Clipless for AM riding?

Dismount achieved! Was quite anticlimactic actually. I just put a phone mount on my bars so I could use a gps and listen to my tunes. Long story short, I encountered a steep climb and proceeded to put my knee into my phone, instantly ejecting it from its mount and sent it plummeting to earth...
  5. Static 81

recommend me a new bike shop

I wonder how long until this thread disappears? I understand exactly where you are coming from mate. My LBS isn't much chop either. It really is little wonder why online stores are making a killing.
  6. Static 81

Clipless for AM riding?

I actually can't wait for my first ugly dismount. I just know it's going to be hilarious for all involved. I can see how once you get used to it you can become very complacent, but it's still only early days yet. I'll post up a full report when it does happen. Sent from my GT-I9300 using...
  7. Static 81

Clipless for AM riding?

Hey guys, thanks again for all your input! I just wanted to post an update and let you all know how I got on. I got myself a set of the XT M785's and a pair of shimano M088 shoes with sh-51 cleats. I was a bit disappointed at first, but then again I was riding fairly flat terrain and I was...
  8. Static 81

F_ck...laugh/cry...Spesh fat bike....

I had two dudes pass me on the weekend on these things........ Uphill! I thought a swarm of bees were chasing me for a second or two. Reminded me of the noise my 4wd's 33" mud tyres make on road.
  9. Static 81

Buying first bike - getting you started

This is a brilliant idea mate! I am in the market right now for a downhill bike and have no idea what I'm looking for....... Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  10. Static 81

Whats the funniest thing you have found on a trail?

That is freaky. Someone's into some weird shit out your way mate. Anyone get hurt that day?
  11. Static 81

ideas for custom mini truck for my man

In all seriousness. How much are you looking to spend and what truck does he drive?
  12. Static 81

ideas for custom mini truck for my man

Look for DUT otherwie known as Downunder truckin. Chances are he'll already know about it if he's minitruck mad. So you'll have to go incognito
  13. Static 81

Opinions please - buying a high mileage t/d Prado.

The 1kz is a great motor and if treated and cared for right will get you easily over the 500,000 mark. Be prepared to be religious with servicing though. That is how diesels get such long lives. You mentioned Tough Dog suspension. Is it lifted at all or just new shocks? Does it have any...
  14. Static 81

Bloody roadies; a mountain bikers perspective

I think you'll find they were on a rest day........ :behindsofa:
  15. Static 81

Bloody roadies; a mountain bikers perspective

I know the question may have seemed quite ignorant. That is simply because I had no idea. Now I do. I doubt I'll ever be doing those sorts of distances. I will be sticking with my Baggies and my favourite band shirt for my 30-40k rides though. :rockon: Cheers for the education mate!!