Recent content by Slow moe

1. S

Little Things You Hate

My parents used to get at least a telemarketing call per night and always while they were having dinner. Amazing how it stopped after I answered one and asked the caller what colour underwear they were wearing. Turns out there is more than one 'do not call' list and the unofficial one works better
  2. S

ACT Please delete

Please delete. Item now in storage
  3. S

ACT Please delete

Item: Gripsport bike rack - 2 bike Location: Canberra (no postage as it is heavy and would cost a bomb) Item Condition: fine. It's gripsport and as far as I can tell they are unbreakable. There are 2 small modifications though: (1) rear crankholder has been cut down to suit bike with lower bb...
  4. S

12v wiring headache

Thanks for all your help. It's certainly not professional quality but I'm pretty happy with the finished product. In due course I will probably carpet the inside of the box to make it look more finished but suspect that'll have to wait
  5. S

12v wiring headache

Sweet! Getting closer. About to hardwire the lead for the fridge as I don't trust a cigarette lighter plug not to fall out on dodgy roads. Am I right to think that the 2 prongs are the negative and the other part (on the right) is the positive?
  6. S

12v wiring headache

Thanks, that all seems to make sense. Back out to the shed soon to check
  7. S

12v wiring headache

This is finally starting to take shape - busy at work and cold nights have slowed things down. So Im back here again hoping to pick the brains trust. I've opted to run the earths in the trailer back to the auxiliary battery - figured it wasn't much more effort and given the trailer lives...
  8. S

12v wiring headache

Give it a week or two and my update will be in the confessions thread
  9. S

12v wiring headache

Thanks all. Just to clarify (again, 2 small people I don't want to fry), is there any need to touch the chassis at all if all negative cables are run all the way back to the auxiliary battery? It will be fairly conveniently located and should have a grand total of 3 loads drawing off it so not...
  10. S

12v wiring headache

Thanks. I think it makes sense. Will check in the morning when I have drunk slightly less. I Don't know much but I'm pretty sure electricity and booze are an interesting combination. I'm not running an inverter at all so that makes it easier - simply running 12v led lights, 12v fridge and 12v...
  11. S

12v wiring headache

Hi all, Hoping for some advice about wiring up a dcdc charger and solar setup in my camper trailer. In particular about earthing it. I am using a redarc bcdc1225d charger with the hope to charge a lifepo4 battery from the car when driving and via solar when camping. The charger needs to be...
  12. S

Little Things You Hate

Also watch the bastards if you have an 'agreed value'. Your premium will go up and the 'agreed value' will go down. Its amazing what changes they can slide through in a renewal notice
  13. S

Little Things You Hate

26 inch is 660.4mm Back in my day all brakes ran on it. Even those flash new v brakes.
  14. S

Little Things You Hate

Remember when everyone used 660.4
  15. S

Adventure kings

The price is obviously the thing stopping me jumping straight in. Thay said, the deeper discharge offsets that significantly. Battery will be in my camper trailer so no issues re bonnet temperature