Recent content by russmu66

1. R

Ritchey p-650b

I have one... Mine is a bit different to the picture above now... currently running a 1x10 drive train. Builds up into a pretty light weight hard tail... very agile as well. Cheers Muz
  2. R

New Car Options?

If you go to a Subaru dealer, you'll be bent over the bonnet and financially violated. I have a local mechanic who knows his stuff... I found him because I noticed a WRX the same as mine parked out the front of his workshop all the time (turns out, it belongs to his wife). Average service cost...
  3. R

New Car Options?

I have a 2011 WRX (Premium). A fantastic car that has even won the wife over... she drives it more than I do (I get the dirty old ute to drive). Have had no issues with it in 3 years of ownership, and damn good fun to drive. Beware that only the hatch can be fitted with a tow bar (to fit a rear...
  4. R

Advice needed - Non delivery of Rotorburn purchased goods.

I recently purchased an item from a long term Rotorburner on the For Sale forums. I paid for the item about 18 days ago and was assured it'd be sent express post. I contacted the seller 10 days ago, they apologized, admitted fault and assured they'd send it right away express post. But I still...
  5. R

NSW $600 dualie for n00b

I've seen the same one. It's been for sale for quite a while... I reckon you'll get it for $600-$650.
  6. R

Travel case

Well I travelled with a Cannondale Trigger 29er 1 (Large, 130mm travel) using an Evoc bag. Everything fitted in quite well, tyres partially inflated and all. Cheers Murray
  7. R

E13 TRS+ Wheelset Experiences

depends where you buy them Just be careful who you buy them through. I tried to do the right thing and buy them through the Australian importer/supplier... and got nothing but disappointment and trouble. Everywhere in the world they come with the tubeless kit and extra axle adapters... but not...
  8. R

Find me a bike with flows and pikes

Yes they are. I have a Rocky Mountain Altitude 770 MSL "Rally Edition" that came with Kashima everything. The bike is great... but then, on a gamble, I fitted a set of 150mm RockShox Pike forks. It's night and day... small bump compliance and grip is on another planet, so much more comfortable...
  9. R

Light Bicycle Carbon Rims/Wheels (Review Included on 1st Post))

Mine arrived today 22/05/2014... ordered on 23/04/2014... 650b Wide rim UD Matt. Rims look very wide, are very light, and appear to be free of defects.
  10. R

Moto GP.

Yeh... I think Ch 10/One are only showing highlights of Moto 2 and 3 after each MotoGP race. I subscribe annually to motogp.com and watch the races (+practice +warm up +qualifying for all 3 classes) in HD streamed to my computer. It's approx $150 a year, but worth it if you're a frustrated...
  11. R

Moto GP.

Miller victorious again. Screw the MotoGP procession... did anyone else catch the Moto3 race last night? Jack Miller (Qlder) on a bike visibly slower in the straights to the Hondas all around him, used tenacity and sublime braking and passing skills to snatch a win. Even the commentators...
  12. R

Mel WTB HIGH PRESSURE SHOCK PUMP

http://rlcsport.com.au/site/products-page/acessories/cannondale-shock-suspension-pump-600-psi/ Aiden will look after you.
  13. R

Rocky Mountain altitude

That demo is now for sale too. BikeRiders let me demo it for a weekend... had no intention of buying a new bike yet. Dropped it back on the Sunday... ordered my new one then and there. Damn that demo.
  14. R

Rocky Mountain altitude

I have the Rally Edition 770 MSL. I'm amazed how well a 160/150 mm travel bike can climb. I've changed out a lot of the parts on mine. The part spec was good, just not what I wanted and how I like to ride. Changed drivetrain to XX1, Swapped 50 mm stem for 70 mm one - will probably settle on a...
  15. R

Light Bicycle Carbon Rims/Wheels (Review Included on 1st Post))

Is that one rim or one set of 2 rims, you'd be happy to sell? I'd be interested.