Recent content by rowdyflat

1. rowdyflat

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Never in 20 years of buying stuff have I had a delivery problem . Aust Post has now lost 2 in a row , so slow I wont buy anything more until its sorted. It would be easier speaking to the dead than communicating with Aust Post who now use the Telstra model which is ,no one can complain so we...
  2. rowdyflat

Solar... who's clued in?

Old fashioned timers with pegs work well. My ebike is on one now. Can be washing machine , slow cooker , aircon/heating before you get home, e vehicle if you have one ?
  3. rowdyflat

Vietnam is a lovely country but most of their manufacturing is primitive and I cant imagine how bad their waste disposal systems are ? Burn it up ,dump it in holes such as bomb craters or in the water as bad or worse than China. I never thought carbon frames were such a great idea.
  4. rowdyflat

I have received no work mail the last few days and have 2 lost parcels so not inclined to buy anything on line at present . Aust Post do the Telstra defence and just ignore emails, if you are really lucky , someone whose first language isnt English replies with gibberish. And Aust Post...
  5. rowdyflat

Tubeless is great but is there a primer for rubber patches ?

Might try it but can you avoid a lump of latex when it goes off ?
  6. rowdyflat

VIC Dainese xl - 36 commuter Levi’s

Oh yeah in the title 36 inches thanks . Do you usually have a 36 inch waist , are they true to the size ?
  7. rowdyflat

Yeah I got some Caltrop on my land from the tyres of a hay delivery truck . Its all in 1 strip and grows like a maniac in summer and very drought resistant. Gradually it is declining by pulling the plants with seeds and spraying the small ones. The worst thorn ever. The Gaadi tubes leave a...
  8. rowdyflat

Not pr-ecisely 1000 [ the cat climbed on the keyboard and typed a space ] but it seems like it since i have been seriously riding for 50 years. We have 12 bikes between us and only some are tubeless. I dont get heaps of punctures just ride alot . When we went to the Flinders Ranges riding in...
  9. rowdyflat

Did some reading it may be the same as PVC pipe primer ? Will test it .
  10. rowdyflat

Little Things You Hate

Fine, I am not that stupid but 5% of people are. Its been happening for about 2-3 weeks , and different Aussie numbers ,you need to read the code on the link to realise its irrelevant . The DHL one today was from some food place I had never heard of but as George in the Cardigan says, its...
  11. rowdyflat

Little Things You Hate

Spammers send all types of text messages from different numbers alleging to be Telstra , DHL , the banks etc . If you click the link it downloads malware. Kill them
  12. rowdyflat

Just thinking maybe there is a better way as I put on my 1000th patch.
  13. rowdyflat

Some wheels just require tubes. Often wondered as I endlessly sand the rubber prior to a patch , is there a primer to slightly etch rubber rather than use sandpaper?
  14. rowdyflat

New Sunnies

Trying to be logical and not answering like a teenager . Factors are Facial Fit Price Photochromatic or not Climate hot or cold. Here in NE Vic I wear photochromatic Ugly Fish glasses with a windproof liner in the cold for 6 months a year. For the hot dry sunny weather when the grass is...
  15. rowdyflat

Who has coiled a Prophet

Dont you hate it when you ask a perfectly sensible question and someone goes off on a tangent ? I caught it from Moorey ?