Recent content by red_d0g

1. red_d0g

Derby in Tassi

Over the years I've ridden blue tier countless times and also had a few weekends worth of riding at Derby and the trails there still blow me away. Make sure you get out to Hollybank also as it's a great contrast on the well groomed trails that derby mostly consist of currently. A bit of self...
  2. red_d0g

Piggy went to market

I'd just like to make a post detailing my brief ride today on this humble steed. So I had about 30 minutes left before dark tonight so I went up to a few local trails. My initial reaction to how it climbed was good, I wasn't sure how it'd climb but oh my, this bike has so much damn...
  3. red_d0g

Piggy went to market

I bought a complete bike. The parts that are on it are spares I had laying about for when the time came that I got another bike. The chainstay yoke is like that so the stays can be kept super short and have no interference with the chainring. Kind of odd but it doesn't look all that bad. Will...
  4. red_d0g

Piggy went to market

So when these were first shown a few months ago, was the first time in a long time since I've been excited for a second bike. I never thought I'd be seen dead on a 'fat bike' but it technically isn't a fat bike, is it? 2007 rolled around when all the craze was the norco shore hardtails, I...
  5. red_d0g

sold please delete

sold delete please
  6. red_d0g

Sold please delete thanks

Derp me, Priced accordingly because XT are damn cheap! - Mondays do that to you, eh! Thanks for the heads up Hifi
  7. red_d0g

sold please delete

sold please delete thanks
  8. red_d0g

Sold please delete thanks

sold please delete thanks
  9. red_d0g

Race face next SL cranks

Item: Raceface next SL 175mm cranks spiderless Location: Anywhere Price range/Willing to Pay: You tell me Extra Info: After next sl cranks, spiderless preferably. 175mm length. 68/73mm length and 30mm spindle This is a long shot as it's one of those things you don't tend to sell once you...
  10. red_d0g

Retro-duro

I've built it up over 2 bikes worth of parts and 2 years of collecting, swapping and buy/selling! My plan was to put all the original parts of which I have kept back on it and sell it on for the new model. Anyway, I hope you like it!
  11. red_d0g

Retro-duro

Hey guys, I've recently come to the conclusion that since I will be keeping my current bike instead of upgrading to the current year model, I'd just give it a renewed lease on life with a splash of colour! Frame - 2015 Specialized Enduro comp 650b Rear shock - Rockshox Monarch plus Front...
  12. red_d0g

New XT.

So far my initial impressions of the new XT M8000 drivetrain (HG600 chain, 11-42, XT mech & shifter) Very crisp shifting compared to my old 10spd (saint shifter, XT med cage mech, 11-36), the longer lever reach on the new XT is a really lovely thing. and the shorter throw and longer levers...
  13. red_d0g

Claiming a bike as a tax deductable item

Now I'm having a bit of a grave dig here! so excuse me for bringing this back up. But it is a legitimate question none the less. So at the time of purchasing my bike, I was working full time as a trail builder and using my bike to ride and test the trails that were being built. Over the...
  14. red_d0g

TAS Sold thanks delete

sold thanks delete
  15. red_d0g

2016 Specialized Enduro release date?

I have heard otherwise, redesigned frame. As there is no 'Evo' model anymore, they will have to streamline it and get amongst it. have you seen the seat stays on the new stumpy? As if they wouldn't apply that to the new enduro! As if they would release a bunch of their other 2k16 models that...