Recent content by ratchit

1. ratchit

You Yangs MTB Park

Rode the Youies for the first time last week; impressed as all getout! Visiting from Canberra for a few weeks, compares to anything up there; you guys have really put a lot of work in. And didn't see any tiger snakes........::eek:
  2. ratchit

Bruce Ridge a.k.a O'connor Ridge Official Thread

Jesus Christ, I've had enough reading this thread. Think I'll just go for a ride on the ridge.:(
  3. ratchit

Gents, gents, let's not get personal. From what I'm reading we're all coming from roughly the same direction. We all love riding O'Connor's and appreciate it for what it is; some great "untamed" (Boy is that a cliche' now) singletrack right in the middle of town that lets you get out there for...
  4. ratchit

Hardtail or Dually

Seeing as it looks like you're getting into the longer events, I'd say go for the dually. At the end of 8 hrs your body will thank you, especially if you're doing a few events close together. Also, if you happen to hurt yourself a bit :eek: during the race, a dually's nice for taking the edge...
  5. ratchit

If it's the one I think you're talking about Niftydog, looks like the trail fairies have got to it already. Wildwassa, do you think those sticks you're talking about are intentional "trail borders" or people just moving crap out of the way?
  6. ratchit

Best place to ride in Canberra area

WildWassa, love your work, sir. Some of the Stromlo pics look so damned beautiful though they're unrecognisable as Stromlo! How do you make it look so good?
  7. ratchit

Like a lot of the people who've posted, I live about 2 mins away from O'Connor's as well. I think it's up to people like us to follow Ross's terrific example and when we go out there, just do 5 mins work during your 30-60 min ride and block off some of those newly forming tracks that are...
  8. ratchit

What would you reccommend? For light trails

Go the extra If you've got the spare cash Paul, I'd part with it if I were you. When you get the invite to try out some other trails or you just want to try them yourself (It will happen, trust me) you'll have a bike you can be confident in. Nothing worse than worrying about...
  9. ratchit

Scott 24hr 2009

Oh - training Thanks SteppenW, although I'm not sure about the "t" word - it's a family forum you know.:D
  10. ratchit

Scott 24hr 2009

Change the website I think it might be a good idea to at least change the "Entries Open" date on the website from 1 July to something realistic.
  11. ratchit

Scott 24hr 2009

Sportograf? Gut! Must agree, those guys were fantastic and really seemed to enjoy their work. (Job description: travel the world going to top sporting events and take heaps of photos and get paid for it.) Doesn't sound too bad I s'pose........
  12. ratchit

Is Majura under threat from road upgrade?

I'll be there for that one! Do you know if Stanhope's going to be there?
  13. ratchit

Scott 24hr 2009

Don't change it for the sake of it Hear, hear Mercman! (Even if you do drive a Merc) Last year's course was great and it brought together most of the best bits of Stromlo with some surprises (Read downhill at night on the red lap) thrown in. The two lap format worked well and I'd rather have...
  14. ratchit

Hardtail or Dually

Being more Warwick's vintage (45) and with the dodgy back as well, a dually's definitely the go. I had a go at a mate's hardtail a few weeks ago and couldn't wait to get off it; the cushioning effect of the rear shock, even when it's locked out makes it that much easier on even a short ride.;)