Recent content by onawave

1. O

maydena's trail conditions

rode maydena roughly a week ago now just before all the nationals started. really don't know what people are talking about. it wasn't that bad in regards to being "blown out". have seen much worse,
  2. O

i hope its ok. regardless in comparison to my local trails it will be awesome.
  3. O

when were you there? a few of us heading down late feb. I've been there twice before - and love the tech there. but flowy stuff too I wouldn't mind.
  4. O

Is purchasing a pure DH bike worth it?

too expensive?
  5. O

yeah, looked at the furious. buying over there saves a little bit of cash. not much tho. big difference would be the 2020 frame.
  6. O

yeah mate, i looked at that. the bike has to ship from somewhere else in bc. he can just deliver to whistler. which means i need to go through all of the logistics to get it there.
  7. O

they have prebuilt it already. very evil of them.
  8. O

yeah i have quote for a devinci wilson 27.5. approx 8k.
  9. O

yeah it would defo be a everyone once in awhile bike. the majority of riding i do is definitely enduro. in saying that my enduro is a bit of beast. i run dh casing, cushcore, fox36 with smashpot and a coil in the back.
  10. O

looked into this. approx price is roughly $100 a day plus insurance. after two weeks of riding, its roughly a 1/3 of a price of dh bike.
  11. O

yeah the "more bike" solution is like a trip for the family to ride bikes in tassie etc. good problem to have though.
  12. O

Morning all, Got a trip coming up the whistler this year - and have been advised that having a bigger dh bike will make the trip that much better in riding the park. What I'm trying to understand is the state of DH in Victoria and Australia in general. My observation is that the closest and...
  13. O

What do your kids ride?

yeah im in melbourne. all good dude. i think i will start him back on the balance, and then quickly upgrade to the woom. his brother will then get the balance bike
  14. O

What do your kids ride?

appreciate the reply. to give more details, the cheap balance bike we gave him didnt last long. so there is probably a bit of catch up to do. but mind you - im not being a biased dad - my son is pretty capable. (walked at 9 months - has for fear) my best guess is that he will quickly master...
  15. O

What do your kids ride?

Hi all, Just looking for a recommendation for a first 4-year-old kids bike. He had a balance bike for a while (cheap one which he trashed). Is it worthwhile jumping in the deep end and getting him a bike with pedals or a more decent balance bike now so he can work on it - then a pedal bike in...