Recent content by MTB Wanabe

1. M

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Hey brains trust, Chasing a bike rack to hire in the Canberra area. Want to hire a shingle back style rack for 5 bikes, the in laws are taking the kids on holiday and they want to take their bikes. Any advice, recommendations, etc? Cheers
  2. M

sold shimano hg dt swiss freehub

Are you still looking for a freehub? Might have one in the shed.
  3. M

Wheel Build Advice Thread

A few recommendations for wheel building, I recommend to my customers not to use spokes older than 12 months, but this depends on the amount of use the wheels have had. The spokes are subject to cyclic loading and are subject to metal fatigue. Changing the spokes out is very dependent on the...
  4. M

Wheel Build Advice Thread

Looks like the app for the Park Tool TM-1 Spoke Tension Meter
  5. M

Help choosing spokes

Spoke fatigue also occurs due to a combo of heavy rider with a rim that is too light and flexes too much. However, at 65kg you shouldn't have this problem with a Flow Mk3. If I was building this wheel for you, I'd consider using Comps and revs in the build. Comps for the shorter/high tension...
  6. M

VIC FOUND

Hey champ. No go unfortunately. Nil stock of old Arch rims.
  7. M

VIC FOUND

Might have an Arch EX in the shed if you're interested? Can you wait until Saturday?
  8. M

26" qr wheelset for a kids bike Im building

Hey Beno, You still looking for a wheelset? Might have something that will fit the bill. Can have a look when I get home on Saturday.
  9. M

VIC WTB: Complete Novatec D771SB front hub (15mm) or 15mm adapter for said hub

http://www.ascentcyclingenterprises.com/hubs.html seems to have what you are looking for.....
  10. M

Found. Trail/am 26" wheelset. 20mm/142x12. Hope ideally.

How about these Moorey? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=911462635648526&set=pcb.576542089193071&type=3&theater Cheers
  11. M

WTB: DH found rear wheel with Carbon rim 27.5 12x150/157, or just a carbon rim :)

Hi B, I've got a pair of Nextie 27.5 33mm wide assymetric rims. Both are brand new but one of them has a very small ding where it got a little love tap from the mail man. Both for $350 posted. The damaged rim is currently built onto a Hope Pro 4 15mm hub with DT Swiss Comp spokes, silver brass...
  12. M

which wheels (650b) i give up cant decide

http://www.ascentcyclingenterprises.com/hubs.html
  13. M

which wheels (650b) i give up cant decide

Out of curiosity, what pressure were you running? IMO, 35mm is as wide as I would recommend, maybe even 30mm if your riding in rocky areas unless your running 2.8" tyres. Carbon rims, although strong, don't like impacts with rocks. Running really low tyre pressures on rocky terrain or rough...
  14. M

VIC WTB: LB 27.5" carbon rim

Ah ok, fair enough, didn't realise it was a crash replacement. Hope the repair holds up. Cheers
  15. M

VIC WTB: LB 27.5" carbon rim

Is that with visa as through Paypal it is $310AUD for a 650B AM 35mm rim without decals? (free bump and yep, I'm on holidays and bored )