Recent content by MHz

1. MHz

Narooma MTB Trails

I have been riding the new trails for the last few days, so a bit of a report. The system is basically in three zones: Playground zone. This is the easiest to access from the new trailhead. Includes the ute jump (on Thunderbirds are Go) of the BCpov vid that @wkkie posted, as well as a good...
  2. MHz

Riding around tathra/Bega area

Best to take a look at Trailforks (it is up to date) and Narooma Mountain Bike of FB. Big Ass Flies is a good fun and flowy starting trail (took an 8yo down it the other day), and they get progressively harder from there.
  3. MHz

Riding around tathra/Bega area

Narooma trail network is solid, and has more development in progress. They hold up fair.y well after light rain too (well compared to Silvan and the black loam of the Dandenongs anyway.)
  4. MHz

Narooma MTB Trails

Good news as whilst I haven’t ridden them, a report from another rider was that the existing Maulbrooks trails at Mogo were very run down and getting cut up by trail bikes.
  5. MHz

Narooma MTB Trails

I did a search and couldn’t find this posted, or a thread less than 10 years old to add this to. So here goes with a new thread, as I think it is worth spreading. Narooma Mountain Bike Club was successful mid last year in gaining $3.9 million in funding to expand their trail system out to 100km...
  6. MHz

Dandenong Ranges Newbie

@beeb here is a picture of the old girl on holidays on the NSW south coast this year. Changes over the years include an upgrade from the original Deore 3x9 to SRAM X9/X0 3x9 when that was cheap due to the change to 2x10 about 10 years ago. (Which backfired not long after as the RD was damaged...
  7. MHz

NSW South Coast, beach & bike holiday.

The newish Narooma trails are recommended by me. Still a smallish but well designed network, some good gravity oriented flow singletrack with some technical features. They ride well even for this newb. I spoke to a club member at the trailhead the other day, and they expect to have another 60km...
  8. MHz

Dandenong Ranges Newbie

G’Day, Just saying hello! My background is I’m a mid 40s recreational rider, getting back into riding flow type singletrack after some years of disruption due to young kids. Still on my 2001 Iron Horse hardtail (when I can’t cadge someone else’s better bike to borrow) as I wait for the Merida...