Recent content by mcoccia

1. M

VIC SOLD Santa Cruz Blur LTc 2012 Large

Awesome bike. Can be fitted with 27.5" wheels. Absolute bargain and no expense spared on the build.
  2. M

High Engagement Hubs

You could go with DT350's or DT240's with the 54 point engagement option. Sorry missed the previous recommendation forthe DT350's
  3. M

recommend a 27.5 boost wheelset

Are you actually after a boost rear wheel which is 148mm or a 142mm. If you are after boost I have an as new wheelset using DT Swiss 350 centrelock hubs on Easton Arc 24 rims with DT Revolution spokes in the for sale section.
  4. M

Rider height for 2013 - 2015 Santacruz solo/5010?

I'm about 5'10" and over the years have had a few medium SC bikes which were great. I then bought a medium Blur LT Carbon which I found to be a bit small and eventually sold it and bought a large. I understand that SC have increased the he size of their bikes but I again went large with my...
  5. M

Snakes

I have just ordered a few Setopress compression bandages. These are printed with a rectangle which expands to a square when stretched sufficiently to achieve the required compression. Not particularly cheap but far better suited to snake bite treatment than normal bandages.
  6. M

Snakes

I thought I'd been bitten about 8-10 years ago. The calf muscle went rock hard and some veins were a bit more pronounced than usual but I couldn't see any bite marks. It is the Mont weekend so the trails were a bit quiet but after a little while a rider came by and I explained the situation. One...
  7. M

M8000 brake "pumping up" on DH

I've had the same problems with one of my two XTR M9020 brakes purchased from one on the online aussie suppliers. When it started happening I ordered a replacement which has proven to be fine. There has been talk of a revised caliper and I'm not sure if it means anything but my two good brakes...
  8. M

VIC SOLD SANTA CRUZ BLUR LTc Large Late 2012

The bike has now been sold. Thank you Mickeytg.
  9. M

Addition photos attached. Bike has been totally stripped and cleaned, all bearings and pivots checked lubed and loctited, and bike reassembled with new chain, cables and brake pads. If you don't need larger wheels and the latest gear then this bike is a bargain at approximately 20% of the...
  10. M

Chain reaction cycles

Well spotted. I just priced a few shimano XTR di2 components and the US delivered cost is about $750 AUD equivalent. Same items to Australia are nearly $950. Maybe it's time to buy from the Germans.
  11. M

Additional photos of frame attached.
  12. M

Yep. Only one white Ltc in the photo. Stripping, cleaning and rebuilding the bike. Additional photos can be provided.
  13. M

The bike looks a bit neglected in the photo so I've totally stripped it and will relube and torque the pivots. All bearings and pivots are in great condition. Santa Cruz's sealing system on the more recent bikes is significantly better than the early bikes. I can quickly rebuild with the...
  14. M

Item: Santa Cruz Blur LTc Large White - Late 2012 Location:Melbourne Item Condition:Very Good. Not a lot of use over the years. Reason for selling:Moved On Price and price conditions:$2,700 Extra Info: Full Shimano XTR 970 series with dual control, M985 XTR wheels with 15mm front axle, Fox...
  15. M

Santa Cruz 5010

I just used the guides provided and a few rubber frame protectors on the areas where the cable was likely to rub againist the frame. Its not the best but works fine.