Recent content by liamo

1. L

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Remind me never to read any cliff notes written by you :P To say "a", as in a single, eagle ran into the windmill is inaccurate. At best. That particular species of eagle is listed as endangered (I think there are ~120 breeding pairs left). Losing 17 of these eagles in 5-6 years is worth...
  2. L

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

My apologies. A genuine error on my part, I was paying too much attention to the Tour coverage. It was difficult to decipher what was your commentary and what was cut and pasted. You used different referencing styles in the same posts; sometimes quoted to appear in a quote box, sometimes...
  3. L

I'd call BS. You cut and pasted from the Graduate Careers website without referenece. You quoted from a federal Govt industry report without reference. You have some original stuff in your posts but it is definitely not all original. Don't get defensive over the indefensible :)
  4. L

At least 9 countries and some US/Canadian states/provinces have some form of carbon tax Two that seem relevant: Finland and Norway both have very strong resource industries and a carbon tax. We are not 'going it alone' while the rest of the world does nothing.
  5. L

When quoting stats a source is usually expected[1]. I don't see how you can use that data to say that humanities degrees are not an economical investment for the govt to support. The respondents answers show that there are 3245 jobs (FT + PT) for Humanities graduates versus 644 C/Eng jobs...
  6. L

2011 an Otway Odyssey

Chris had his in his jersey pocket, Matt had his taped to his seatpost. They were tiny, but about the same size as mine (a bit bigger than a pack of ciggies). Any weight weenie would have taken note of the fact that the size of the gauze bandages was not specified; the triangular bandage took up...
  7. L

2011 an Otway Odyssey

I can't vouch for all of the pros but Matt F, Lachie N and Chris J definitely had the kits with them.
  8. L

Highland Fling - 2010

Great work Brendan. Sounds like it was a tough year to make the finish.
  9. L

Highland Fling - 2010

Once again, the Spoon's competitiveness to come to the fore :(
  10. L

Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

Does the Slayer use a different group handle to a standard/VBM e61? I would have thought it uses 58mm baskets still. Asking because my 21g basket only fits in the naked handle. It would be nice to use for making multiple coffees for guests.
  11. L

Calling Da Gonz

Isn't he a bit old to be joining in with a school group?
  12. L

I'm converted... only problem is what racing HT to get

I don't know the weight of a Superfly hard tail but the Superfly 100 is 24lb, so I think there might be some confusion here. I'm not trying to say that the Tomac is bad bang for your buck, or that it isn't a great all round bike. The OP asked about race bikes and I don't consider the Tomac a...
  13. L

I'm converted... only problem is what racing HT to get

:eek: That frame is about 25% heavier than a Superfly. That kind of weight is irrelevant if it's a trailbike but significant if you're after a race bike. Especially if you ever look at future upgrades to a reasonably specced bike; saving 250-300g on parts is really expensive!
  14. L

The Single Speed Thread

Dunno, but the track sounds suitable: "muddy, slippery, rocky, dangerous, dirty, tough, slow thru the mud, kinda like having sex with a polar bear ." From here
  15. L

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

These events are very well run. The quality of setup is definitely beyond what you would have experienced in Australia, value for money is definitely there. I'm not aware of anyone who has already competed in the 24WSC who is not competing because of the cost. The event would be a lesser...