Recent content by latheboy

1. L

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

If going to an EV conversion, do you need an engineers cert? Brake and suspension upgrade? Safety systems check? I'm sure that they wouldn't pass ADR compliance being so much heavier than STD.
  2. L

Or is it an optical delusion??
  3. L

That looks like the LHS side of the intercooler has a 2 into 1 or 1 into 2 depending on the direction of flow.. Why?
  4. L

Or a speedflow/ proflow etc hose and fittings haha .. lucky I was full spono on my bike, there's over $2K in fittings and hoses
  5. L

Turbo is a T28 off a Skyline. T25 would also work, just deliver boost in a different range and work a little harder. Little turbos don't work on bikes, you don't size a turbo for a bike off the CC's. Car engines say 3L and 7000rpm, my bike is 750cc and 12500rpm. Volume of air delivered across...
  6. L

1:1 reg, electric fuel pump, always 2 psi more fuel pressure than boost to stop the fuel bowls getting emptied.. drilled holes in tops of the Carby's before the butterflies to get boost reference above the slides. 3 pitot tubes in the link pipe before the plenum, 1 for the reg and 2 hooked up to...
  7. L

Everything on the subframe has to move with the new swinger.. Modified shit is awesome
  8. L

Go drag racing they said, it's super fun they said... Well it is until the oil comes out and the rebuild gets out of hand. Short wheelbase with the vfr800 swingarm and ran 10.2 @140mph and wheel spin into 3rd Valve cover lifted and the oil got out so parked it up. Fix motor and get myself...
  9. L

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Really all we need is... Does it hold a bike.. tick Did said bike fall off... No Cost... Done.. Haha I'll buy the mag, first one in 10 years.. mags are shit.. interested in the review but I'll still keep making my own
  10. L

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

All this would need is a simple spread sheet with.... Cost, weight, number of tie points, carrying load, overhang from pin center dimension, tilt or none tilt, swinger(hehe), coating type, material/s type/s. 2 or 3 pros/cons and let people make up their own mind. This might even be done in...
  11. L

I had thought about my question and was coming back to delete it ... All good..
  12. L

Yes but you risk upsetting a sponsor and loose all their moneys
  13. L

Mind telling us which brand you work for? If not, that's fair..
  14. L

Nobody wins anymore, they all get participation awards