Recent content by Hamo

1. Hamo

WA Knows What Is Up!

With no State series, the club scene has been awesome so far. For info on W.A. races, the best place to check is www.hucktoflat.com as it will have details and discussions on races from all clubs. Nannup this past weekend was a great track, I'd love to see another national round held there...
  2. Hamo

DH Something Revolting

I'm running the 300lb spring, which is a tad too hard for me, I think I'm running only about 20% sag, with no pre-load on the spring and 125 PSI in the air chamber. I have a 250lb spring on the way to try out, I have a feeling it could be a little soft, which would leave me stuck in the middle...
  3. Hamo

DH Something Revolting

Well, I was talked into buying an Evil Revolt, I parted out a Glory DH1 and changed a couple of parts around, blew my budget but I'm still smiling! Basic Specs are: Frame: Evil Revolt M , flipchips set up in the slack position, head angle on steep position. (will be playing around with this)...
  4. Hamo

Hill "tweaked" his knee, aiming to be back for Maribor

I'll add to the speculation and say that I also heard somewhere along the grape vine he'd hurt his knee. We'll find out soon enough anyway.
  5. Hamo

CEDRIC GRACIA on Santa Cruz!

I thought I read he had signed a deal with Sunn bikes and his "CG" Team, perhaps it was someone else I'm thinking of, or have I missed something?
  6. Hamo

Opinion of the DHi

I know they have had big issues with cracking, that could be one reason why some people have been staying away from them.
  7. Hamo

Canning Mills Shredding...

Sweet Pictures! I'm trying to picture where that corner is but I can't think of a berm like that on the track I know there. Is it on the main track that ends where the drop with almost no gap is, or a different section of trail?
  8. Hamo

Green Eye Media 2009 Demo Reel

Really nice edit. I want more!
  9. Hamo

Rear DH Wheel 150X12mm

Item: Rear wheel suitable for Downhill 26" 150mmX12mm condition: Good Condition, hoping for something that's had minimal use. price: If you have something name a price. location: Perth, don't mind paying shipping. post: Whatever contact: Send me a PM and I'll get back to you A.S.A.P...
  10. Hamo

Are bike park in Sweden.

I'll be going there in 2011! An Estonian mate of mine who's been there told me it has a heap of 4-5min DH tracks, (30 or so? or more?) and about 5 30 minute DH tracks there, along with a northshore/FR park, Dirt jumps etc. He did tell me how much it cost for a week and a half of riding...
  11. Hamo

Has there ever been a death in DH

For breaking bones at races, here in W.A. anyway, it seems pretty much every state round race at least one person will break a bone on that weekend. We don't get big turnouts at our races too. Get a Leatt brace is my advice. I've had a few big crashes landing on my head, one of them was hard...
  12. Hamo

ardent

I haven't ridden any S.A. tracks but I'd never use a Larsen as a DH tyre, as they are so thin that flats would be a big problem. Can I ask why you don't want minions?
  13. Hamo

Futuristic bikes and/or parts

I don't know if it already exists, but an 'electro magnetic spring' for shocks, I guess it would be very adjustable if you could change the power of the magnets at different stages in the suspension movement. The comment about the shock being in the pivot really got my imagination going, I can...
  14. Hamo

HD 1080p Helmet Cam A must For All!

Just interested to know how it handles vibrations and bumpy terrain like a rocky DH course. I've found quite a few helmet cameras look good on a car, but when they're getting bounced around a bit and going through light and dark sections quickly the video compression can't keep up with it? (I...
  15. Hamo

Greg Minnaar Recovering After Enduro MX Crash

Shit, that sucks! At least it seems that he'll be ok, but sounds nasty! Hope he'll be just as quick as before in the 2010 season