Recent content by GazzaPops

1. G

Building wooden jumps

Here's a mini kicker I made for my kids. They are not up to jumping yet so they only roll over it but it's got enough of a kick to get them started when they're ready. I'm going to build some more features next year when we move into our new home. I made this out of a single sheet of 12 mm...
  2. G

Product Review OneUp Components Dropper Post and remote

I am planning on getting the post and remote from Mountain Bikes Direct so the premium for the Wolf Tooth is only $16. I have an Anthem so my original plan was to buy the Giant dropper. Then I had a chat with my LBS and they recommended the Brand X post. CRC are out of stock, and I can't be...
  3. G

Product Review OneUp Components Dropper Post and remote

I've decided to upgrade to this dropper but I'm not sure which remote to get. The Oneup remote looks pretty good but the reviews for it are not nearly as glowing as the post. The other option I am considering is the Wolf Tooth remote. The reviews are better for the Wolf Tooth but don't want to...
  4. G

Water packs out of vogue, bottles back in? Seat bags - return to the 90's?

I still use my pack for most of my regular rides 'cause everything is already packed. I have a Camelbak Rougue and it's not that great for mountain biking. The chest strap is too high to stop the pack from moving so I don't bother using the strap. I don't race with it for club races but...
  5. G

Moving to Melbourne - where should we rent in order to be close to trails?

I used to live in Heidelberg and commute into the city for work. The good thing about Heidi is the train is pretty good for the days you can't ride. Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
  6. G

[VIC] Wombat Classic Sat 5 Mar 2016

Great event, the conga line through the first bit of single track was very frustrating but I'm sure it will be better next year. The cold drinks were awesome at the finish line. If you could get the brewery down the road to supply a few frosties for the finish line that would be even better...
  7. G

Aldi bike stuff

I was looking at the catalogue the other day and was wondering about the 1000 lumen lights. Have they been offered previously?
  8. G

New bike... Full stop

Your new bike should most certainly be supplied with basic manual at the very least. The manual will contain essential safety instructions an basic maintenance information as a minimum. I'm no legal expert but I'm fairly certain that all consumer goods, especially one as complex as a bicycle...
  9. G

DIY trail snacks

I made the GCN energy bars on Saturday night for my Sunday ride. They are bloody easy to make and taste like awesome!! http://www.globalcyclingnetwork.com/videos/sec-how-to/how-to-make-energy-bars-gcns-food-for-cycling/ Just remember 120 ml = 1/2 cup not 3/4 cups as they have in the text...
  10. G

Bike advice

A mate picked up a Merida 120 with full xt for about your price. I can't remember if it was this year's or last but that could be another option. A Giant Anthem SX could be an option if it is big enough in XL. I suspect Trek and Specialized would be you best chance of getting an appropriate size.
  11. G

New Zealand Trip Questions

Instead of creating another thread I thought I'd post here. I'm heading over to Oamaru for work in about a week. I'm thinking about taking my Anthem but I have no idea what the trails are like there. If anyone can shed any light it would be greatly appreciated?
  12. G

[VIC] Wombat Classic Sat 5 Mar 2016

I'm really looking forward to this race. Timing is great for me as it's 6 weeks before the GTE. What time is the race start? I want to work out if I take the train down from Bendigo.
  13. G

Giant PXC2 27.5 rims setup tubeless with Bontrager Rhythm rim strip?

I have the Giant PCX rims and I use the Joe's rubber rim strip with regular rim tape to cover the spoke holes. The only problem I've had is XC tyres not being able to handle Downhill abuse. I use the normal Joe's sealant and the tyres stick to the rubber strips like shit to a blanket.
  14. G

Refreshment after ride/work?

After a proper long hard ride I like a chocolate & banana milkshake, with lots of icecream and full fat milk. Or beer.
  15. G

Stainless steel rain water tank manufacturers in NSW.

Furphy's in Shepparton would probably be able to make one for you. Just inquire at any local fabricator.