Recent content by Fruitbat

1. F

24Hr racing advice

The best pit crews I had were the ones that shut up and didnt say anything as I rolled into the pits so that I could tell them what I wanted or needed before I forgot... it is soo annoying to start a new lap at 2am and remember that you were going to ask for fresh gloves or some salty food or...
  2. F

What does your day look like?

Cable Beach fat bike.... being unemployed has its benefits....
  3. F

The stupid questions thread.

I use the cheap version of this cutter that doesn't have a rachet. Ran the oilstone over the edge for razor sharpness and never damaged a hose since. I was originally planning to do a bit of a hack and re-engineer it by cutting and shutting in yellow clampy thing to support half the...
  4. F

Wheel Build Advice Thread

So you reckon I should just bite the bullet and re-spoke/re-nipple this wheel from scratch and then I will never have to worry about it again?
  5. F

Will do... once the rim tape comes off I'll assess the spoke length, but regardless of what I find the alloys will be going in the bin.
  6. F

I'll check over the weekend but spokes too short sounds like a reasonable explanation as the failures are so premature and consistent. Looks like there may be another wheel build in my future!
  7. F

What causes the head of the nipple to shear off? I have build maybe 10 wheels from scratch with no issues but my last one is frustrating me no end, mainly cos I built it for a mate who is giving me no end of grief about it because the heads of the spoke nipples are breaking off where the head...
  8. F

Number plate on bike rack

Not true... the law changed last year some time and you can now get auxiliary plates.
  9. F

Bleeding hydraulic brakes after 1 year - worthwhile?

Damn... until I saw these pics I was happy with a "if its working don't mess with it" approach. Looks like I will be dropping into Supercheap on the way home for some DOT fluid...
  10. F

What are you listening to NOW?

Currently bingeing on Steel Panther, sooo inappropriate yet hilariously funny and catchy tunes at the same time. My co-workers are looking at me weirdly as I giggle my way through the morning.
  11. F

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Decided to finally service the misbehaving dropper post. Turns out the cartridge is buggered so after pricing parts and seeing how much slop there was I thought bugger it and bought a whole new post, going from external to internally routed. A little bit of swearing getting the cable through the...
  12. F

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Changed gears on the singlespeed from the 32-14 commuting gear to 32-15... which will hopefully get me in the sweet spot for slowish commuting but low enough to be able to climb one of our local rail trails
  13. F

Rotorburn strava

OK, I am in....
  14. F

Wheel building questions, tips & advice

Thanks everyone... Since I laced both wheels up as 2x last night, that's how they will stay until I do my next spoke order and re-do as 3x. I need to practice anyway, one hub brand was no where near the spoke hole so I was considering re-lacing it anyway for practice. Amazing how I don't notice...
  15. F

Wheel building questions, tips & advice

Thanks Guys, much appreciated. Crisis averted, no fuckwit thread for me this time!