Recent content by deafwish

1. D

Shimano Brake Pad Advice - Reign 2

Re-installed a new pair of B01S Resin pads this evening & am enjoying great braking performance again. For future searches: E01S is not an upgrade to the B01S on resin only rotors!
  2. D

Thanks for the advice, fellas! I'll go & buy another pair of the B01S Resin pads! Who would've thought that I'd find nonsence advice on the internet about bike stuff?! :lol:
  3. D

Hey all, Long time no visit! Following some forum research, I replaced (questionably upgraded) my worn B01S resin pads on my Shimano M445's with the metallic E01S'. From what I've read, you can use the metallic E01S' on a resin only rotor - it simply will wear the rotor faster while giving...
  4. D

[SOLD] F.S: Kenda Nevegal Tyres

SOLD. Please delete.
  5. D

Pad/ rotor contact area

I've been advised that Shimano Australia have confirmed that these conical washers are to be mounted under the bolt heads. They supply these washers on 180mm rotor mount adapters as the adapter doesn't allow the caliper to sit at right angles with the threaded fork section. The washers simply...
  6. D

Bump. Throw me an offer!
  7. D

Pad/ rotor contact area

I went riding with a mate yesterday who's got a Giant XTC1 - 29er and he also has these conical washers on the same brake/ rotor setup... His were under the bolt heads - which is where I assume they're meant to go... Bike is in at the shop today so will hopefully be resolved...
  8. D

Pad/ rotor contact area

WTF?! http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/SI/SI_8170A_001/SI-8170A-001-ENG_v1_m56577569830667774.PDF
  9. D

Pad/ rotor contact area

On an American Giant Forum, another Member has the same Avid adjusters mounted to his Reign 2 but maintains almost full pad contact?! http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=681144 No disrespect to anyone's opinion on here - but should I contact Giant for confirmation? Cheers again.
  10. D

Pad/ rotor contact area

^^^ Put in the wrong spot or mistakenly put there - period?! Sorry to sound stupid - but should they be there or not?:confused:
  11. D

[AM] Giant Reign 1 (2011)

Hey Boing, Still enjoying the Reign? If you haven't already, I strongly suggest you perform the shim modification on your RP2 - to stop it blowing through it's travel so easily. Made a world of difference to my R2.
  12. D

Pad/ rotor contact area

Bang on - problem resolved! Thanks for the advice, Rone. One of the bolts has a slight bend in it. Is this an elliptical design for adjustment or is it just bent & in need of replacement?! Will bring it up with the bike shop!:eek:
  13. D

Pad/ rotor contact area

Hey all, I have concerns that my Shimano M445 front pads on my 2011 Giant Reign 2 are only in contact with 2/3 of the rotor face. I had realised that my front Shimano brake bracket (mounts the caliper to the fork) has an "up" arrow that faced down to the ground, so I have swapped that...
  14. D

Hey gas axe, Yes - I drive an 06 STI! Are you stalking me? :p Open to offers on these tyres, as I have no use for them.
  15. D

Item: Kenda Nevegal, Stick-E front, DTC rear, 26 x 2.35”, Foldable. Location: Notting Hill, VIC 3168 Item Condition: Removed from my new Reign 2 after a 20km session at Lysterfield. Front is like new - rear is approx 95%. Reason for selling: Changed to XC tyres. Price and price conditions...