Recent content by Deadman

1. Deadman

Lets get a regular crew for some local dh in se queensland.

Yeah, will do. I'll be in touch!
  2. Deadman

Sorry mate. Too early for us. But really want to see the tracks some day. I met you at Mt Joyce!
  3. Deadman

What time will you be there DBT? And do we meet at the bottom of you know where
  4. Deadman

Sorry we missed you SSSSteve. We normally rock up about 8.30 to most of the tracks
  5. Deadman

Pete - fluro green Iron Horse, Tim - white Glory, yours truly - red Iron Horse
  6. Deadman

The Crew of the Damned were out there too Hi Bighair and JaRedy - we were out there this morning too. I met JaRedy's crew. Which rider were you Bighair? Have been reading your postings for years. The top of DON is riding into a good loose track. It's good fun (trying to) threading the needle...
  7. Deadman

Downhill Social Ride Day - Illinbah

Nothing compares to the 'velvet forest'
  8. Deadman

2012 Sunshine Series Official Discussion

Day Licenses - is there a way for them to work for all ? Before each season could a Day License register be set up. Work out a Day License rego fee that covers the admin costs of keeping the data base and riders pay this fee for each race they are interested in for the season. If they turn up...
  9. Deadman

Couldn't a club holding a low key club race day on their track cater for riders wanting to try a DH race. Even a low key club day needs management, shuttles, medical aid of some form. Can a day licence be used at this level to cover some costs and insurance for non-club members? Clubs could use...
  10. Deadman

There is no disagreement that we need a race season with a sensible amount of races on a variety of tracks. What this thread is discussing is the structure that underpins all the activities involved with running a race. Yes there is an unbrella body MTBA. But at the bottom the grass roots, it...
  11. Deadman

Promoting the sport of DH MTB....How to???

It starts at the beginning A lot of sports talk about the 'grass roots'. Downhill needs dedicated downhill clubs. At the moment downhill is a segment of the larger and much more popular XC. Mountain Bike clubs have XC riders and a few downhill riders. Most trail advocates are attached to clubs...
  12. Deadman

QLD State Champs Track Teaser :)

Looking good Andy :clap2:
  13. Deadman

QLD State Champs - Volunteers Needed

2 mature experienced 4x4 drivers looking for something to do 2 mature members of The Crew Of The Damned are happy to drive shuttles. We'll be in touch via the correct channels Haydo! We are also looking forward to stepping off our walking frames and onto our DH rigs and give this track the...
  14. Deadman

Re-Instate Mt. Tamborine Downhill Trail Campaign

I know 2 things, they are my personal conclusions - 1. Once land has been made a National Park, it is preserved and conserved and only very limited use is allowed. So when they say NO, it is absolute. By saying NO it makes the land easier to manage - just let it grow wild and keep some of the...
  15. Deadman

4wd up Beerburrum Dh track. (Hennesey's)

The best way to approach this is to say with a smile and without aggression something like this - You don't know this is a specialy made downhill track do you? Then educate by explaining that this track has had 100's of man-hours put into it and is managed by a Club and the local council...