Recent content by datzcrzy

1. D

MT Joyce opening day report + ride reports + updates

This looks great! Im flying up to Brisbane from Canberra next week, bringing my bike along to check out all the local trails. It seems as if its a similar style to Stromlo.This is on the list for sure :D
  2. D

Advice: 2011 Giant Anthem x2, Giant Trance x2 or Scott Spark 50.

Yeah thats the question really. If its a bike shop worth dealing with though, you will surely get a test ride in return for dropping a couple of grand..one thing to watch also, make sure they set the fork and shock pressure for your body weight before heading out. Makes a world of difference...
  3. D

Advice: 2011 Giant Anthem x2, Giant Trance x2 or Scott Spark 50.

Hey mate I ride a Trance X sl 1 2010. So im obviously biased, but before buying i obviously went through the whole test ride thing. All i can say is: 1. Test ride each bike for at least a 2 hour ride. Dont buy anything based off riding around the bike shop car park. At the end of the day...
  4. D

Stiff Duelies

Im not going to get into suggesting how to alter your current setup, but a nice XC oriented stiff dually is the Scott Spark 50. My old man has one, and its really nice for a whole range of riding. The main benefit is the 120mm front travel, which is perfect along with the 110mm rear travel which...
  5. D

2011 Giant Anthem Advanced SL 1?

Once again just personal opinion here, ive always ridden Giant so i was deciding between the Anthem and Trance. Similar bikes on paper, but when out on the trail there is quite a big difference in riding style. I ended up going with the trance (SL 1 carbon). Purely because for what i wanted (not...
  6. D

Stromlo Trail Names

Awesome!! Good work mate, it would have taken ages...the google earth overlay would be killer, but also a crap load of work
  7. D

Flairs/FlipToFakie/Superwhips/Tailwhips...Just a casual Sunday.

excellent photos mate, really good angles and composition..gives a good feeling of whats going on with the rider!! the sun behind the rider looks good too.. and that sequence shot is nice! good work
  8. D

2010 Giant Trance X Advanced SL 1

Well i decided to go with a shorter stem, and also dropped it a bit by taking the spacers out. It feels better..its now a 80mm stem instead of the 100mm. Ive also got a set of Shimano M520 SPD pedals to go on. I bought my first pair of mtb cleat shoes after deciding on the Shimano M087. Time to...
  9. D

The Husky 100ker

Is this event sold out? Im interested in entering for the first time.. What are peoples opinions on this event? What are the trails like, average time to finish etc Cheers
  10. D

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Im going with the conversion kit from Datsport. Its just my opinion but i think their stuff is more comprehensive for 1600's, Maddat is more 1200 oriented. Basically the whole front end (x-member, steering, gearbox x/member) is provided. Suspension wise im doing a coilover strut based off...
  11. D

I understand where everyone is coming from with the "keep it NA" comments. The thing is, this isn't my first datto. I have previously restored a '69 model to 100% original condition. Trust me when i say i was a die hard purist of the datto!! But the thing about that is, its not much fun for...
  12. D

Gotta love the oldschool!! Heres my build project..'72 Datsun 1600. Its currently with my panel guy getting rust cut out, new panels welded in, paint prepped etc Plans are for an sr20det transplant, 5 speed, adjustable coilover suspension, big disk brake conversion, r200 lsd diff..theres a...
  13. D

yeah your not wrong mate, going up steep hills the front becomes pretty light. ill take out a spacer or two and see how she goes..have you kept the same stem? im considering going a bit shorter
  14. D

Thanks guys, im thinking of trying SPD pedals, ive never ridden clip in though. Ill get used to the bike using these flats before i change over. Im guessing they will be a bit lighter? Ive been keeping an eye out for suitable shoes that i like..
  15. D

Here is a list of specs taken straight from the Giant website. Changes are in red.. frame - Advanced SL-Grade Composite, 5" Maestro Suspension fork - Fox 32 F120 FIT mm travel w/ 15QR Thru Axle and tapered steerer, 120mm shock - Fox Float RP23 handlebar - RaceFace NEXT SL 3/4 stem - Giant...