Recent content by Danman89

1. D

trip to nz definately worth it

Yeah I did a day before Christmas there and it was awsome however if you dont do shuttles be prepared for a lot of climbing (my legs gave out and did not enjoy the ride back into town) Bike hire for half a day was $99NZD for a Stumpy Comp 29er. I ride a HT at home and could do most of the...
  2. D

nasty chem free bike water bottles???

Give the Specialized Big Mouth bottles a go. Regular valve which I prefer over the podium, easy to squeeze, BPA free and can get them in different sizes.
  3. D

Lysterfield Trail Building

Great news. I will be there to help out
  4. D

Need help chosing a DH bike

I rode a Demo last year at Whistler which was awsome. It was the first time I had ridden a DH bike and was really impressed how easy it was to ride that bike coming from an XC background.
  5. D

Specialized Carve Pro 2012 or Carve Comp 2013?

Both are a similar spec buddy. The Pro has nice brakes and has tubeless ready tyres straight out of the shop. The other difference is the Pro is 3x10 and Shimano as opposed to 2x10 SRAM on the comp. I have run a similar setup as the Pro (SLX/XT Drivetrain) and was happy really happy with it...
  6. D

closed

Ok with a little bit of research it is circa 2005/6 because thats when that team was around. So it is an early carbon road bike. The other thing that you will notice is that that frame will be similar/identical to a Giant TCR or OCR of that year. Because it is so old I couldn't see you getting...
  7. D

Help choose 1st roadie between these two carbons Fuji vs Merida

I found the Altamira was stiff in the bb but still compliant. Look at the size difference between the downtube to the seat stays. It is pretty crazy how thin the seat stays are. The Sculptura on the other hand I had only ridden around the store and it was the model with Force. It felt like a...
  8. D

Help choose 1st roadie between these two carbons Fuji vs Merida

Hey mate I work at LBS that has sold both of those bikes (You can probably guess which one ;) ). IMO I like the frame of the Altamira better than the Sculptura. It has all the now "standard" features like press fit bb, tapered headtube, really light and compliant frame. Downside to the...
  9. D

Shoes - what to look for

I am a big fan of Specialized shoes. I have them for both Road and MTB. They are 2010 S-Works (only has 1 Boa dial) and the Pro MTB (Ratchet and 2 Velcro Straps). Started off with the Sport MTB and found them to be fantastic, they were still going strong after 3 years then upgraded to the Pro...
  10. D

bought a 29er frame - now what...

Have a look at the Cell bikes website as I think they have the new XT brakes for $199. Well that was in the email they sent out today. Very tempted to buy a set but I know I dont need them atm :(
  11. D

Women, etc.

I love the comparison :clap2: I am going to see her tonight and see if we get anywhere else :decision:
  12. D

Women, etc.

And it keeps going.... So I thought things were going ok again. I don't understand the opposite sex that well... Apparently we arn't fighting and she doesn't feel the same way. She keeps asking "What are we going to do?" and I said I will tell her how I feel more and then when I ask her she...
  13. D

Wanted Garmin Edge 200 in Brisbane

I work at Goldcross in Victoria and we have heaps I am pretty sure a Goldcross will have them in QLD. They have a few stores in QLD but as I am from Vic not sure how far from Brisvegas they are...
  14. D

Women, etc.

*wipes sweat from forehead* Thank god I am a little bit normal!
  15. D

Women, etc.

Thanks for the the advice everyone. I really appreciate it :) I should have put a timeframe on it. She saw the ex in September and did say to me a little while after that she wanted to kiss him but didnt. Then later we found out he had been lying about everything and also to his family and...