Recent content by Cloudrider

1. C

Cloudride 2 Person Tag Team 100k Legs

One of the new options for the 2018 Monaro Cloudride is the two person Tag Team option with riders riding alternate 100k legs. This option is targeted at riders who do not have the time or bikepacking gear to attempt the 1000k solo route but yearn to get out on the shire backroads and remote...
  2. C

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

Forgot about this old thread.... and yes what an amazing growth in the bikepacking toys ... I haven't had a Christmas wish list as long as this years for 40 years..:) OK boys and girls ... entries open January 1. You still have time to get fit for this... Starting 15 September 2018. From the...
  3. C

Terra Australis Bike Epic 6,500

Probably time there was a separate Bikepacking Forum thread somewhere here ... OK boys and girls ... entries open January 1. You still have time to get fit for this... Starting 15 September 2018. From the tip of Australia at Cape York finishing at the bottom, Wilson's Promontory in Victoria...
  4. C

Did this happen ..? I've never fixed you to a real name...
  5. C

Testing .... is anyone home The Bikepackers Guide to the Galaxy "So long and thanks for all the fish"
  6. C

The future is elsewhere...... Sadly I think this forum is in mortal decline ... I tried to put this years Cloudride up end of last year and needed Moderator approval ... never received any, sent a PM and again no response ... so I think it's over to Bikepacking Australia on Facebook. Not...
  7. C

2016 Monaro Cloudride and Cumulus 1000k

Happy New Year Cloudriders ... Registrations by riders for the Cloudride and Cumulus open 1 January 2016. Not everyone is or wants to be a Facebook slave so to provide a principal point of reference for future ride information we have added a Blog page on the Cloudride website as a means of...
  8. C

2015 Monaro Cloudride 1000 Summit, from my observations of your conversations on here you've got the bike, the gear, the legs, navigation skills course/terrain knowledge and you should be out there leading the way. The rules of engagement have been revised and just relaunched on our website...
  9. C

2015 Monaro Cloudride 1000

Monaro Cloudride 1000 Easter Saturday 4 April 2015 The Monaro Cloudride website has now been revised with some changes and polish put on the rules of engagement for 2015. Entries will open on 1 January 2015. www.cloudride1000.com We are expecting a significant growth in our start list...
  10. C

Monaro Cloudride 1000

Cloudride Start List Rider List and extended profiles up on our website www.cloudride1000.com Starts 8:00am Easter Saturday The Cyclery 5 Lonsdale St BRADDON All welcome! Arran Pearson has been a late scratching ... Ross Hamilton M 26 Melbourne Bike: GT Zaskar 29r...
  11. C

Monaro Cloudride 1000

Re-supply and junction point pics up An update on Facebook with some re-supply options and junction points for the first day ..or two depending on how you're travelling. https://www.facebook.com/monaro.cloudride
  12. C

24 solo nationals easter

It really depends on just what you want to use them for .... but there's not many shops out where you might get to in 24hrs:tongue:
  13. C

24 solo nationals easter

24Hrs in Cloudride I think by any measure CORC have had a huge workload over the past twelve months with club events, the 24hr Nationals at Easter, the Scott 24hr on the October long weekend followed by WEMBO. Little wonder there is some volunteer fatigue. … but a standing ovation to them for...
  14. C

Monaro Cloudride 1000

All seems well now ... I'm unaware of any problems yesterday. The Kiwi Great Southern Brevet should find a winner tomorrow. Matty Graham from Dunedin put a gap on them all on the first day and hasn't looked back since. A few Aussie 24Hr racers over there enjoying the scenery ... Jason...
  15. C

Monaro Cloudride 1000

Thanks Dottyman. You're right, plenty of nice country out there. So far a very positive response with some interesting entries. A few past Tour Divide riders and a few who have entered TDR for 2014. Five days or a bit less seems to be the best guess from those who have put their hand up...