Recent content by Chriso_29er

1. Chriso_29er

What does your day look like?

I loved those play centres when my kids were younger, there is one in Ringwood I think it was that had a slide that was vertical. I just had to have a go myself, supervising the kids of course lol.
  2. Chriso_29er

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Went out to the local with the goal to crack 1000m vert. The weather had other plans and had turned the hard red clay into a slippery dip, 30m into the first trail of the day I loose the front end sending me chest first into a big stump off the side of the trail. Not off to a good start lol, but...
  3. Chriso_29er

Dealing with injury risk

They are a fox launch pro, longish that go down to cover the upper shin as well. Have a full soft rubber shell pad rather than the lesser enduro style knee pads.
  4. Chriso_29er

Dealing with injury risk

I dont know why, but I consider knees more important than elbows. I guess the thought of not being able to walk, and that if you do land on them its usually heavy impact. Had a little indescression this morning, upper shin took full brunt of my fall straight onto a log running down the side of...
  5. Chriso_29er

You need to sign up, there was even a nice drift through some sand. Looks like such a nice spot for a ride.
  6. Chriso_29er

Street legal

No wonder all your rides keep getting pinched. If I saw that in the street it would be very hard to fight off the urge to jump on and ride away!
  7. Chriso_29er

Barry 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Yeah he's been keeping my other bikes warm at night. He was begging to be taken out to the Youies, but when he found out it was going to pitch black he changed his mind :(
  8. Chriso_29er

Dealing with injury risk

I only hope to be as fit and healthy as my dad at that age, something to look up to for both me and my two kids. This was him last year on his Scott Genius at age 70, yes that's Hero trail at Bright lol, which he also rode up to from Bright before following us down at his pace. In the spirit of...
  9. Chriso_29er

suggestions for cheapie used bike for a old beginner

I would have thought you're best to look at the cranks as an indication of what level bike it might have been. Much more likely to still have the original cranks than rear mech. I have found this site to be a good source of info for original bike spec. Even has my old banger in it...
  10. Chriso_29er

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

Its got some cable routing we can all aspire to.
  11. Chriso_29er

The You Yangs Thread

One of my lights must have gone out in sympathy with yours last night. The light on my handlebar kept cutting out after about a minute leaving me with just my head light, caught a bad shadow at the bottom of Cressy and got disorientated, so ended up bailing into a clearing off the side of the...
  12. Chriso_29er

Going grey... 2019 Transition Sentinel

You certainly seemed to have it dialed in tonight! Such an awesome bike, glad it's all coming together for you already. Will be interesting to see how the mods go now.
  13. Chriso_29er

Going to miss Youies night rides next week :( Another awesome one. Couldn't ask for better conditions, @beeb went berserk down that last trail haha, on fire. Thanks again gents. Got my PB up that nasty fire trail too lol
  14. Chriso_29er

The You Yangs Thread

I'll be there, bike is already in the car :)
  15. Chriso_29er

The QUICK question thread.....

And either likes Jesus, or wants to run on him? Merica fuck yeah