Recent content by brindog

1. brindog

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Cheers Elbo, when this one came up for sale I knew I had to have it, I love the 'beryl green' colour. At the moment just keeping to stock and original as possible, Might go down that route in the future but not anytime soon. Cheers haven't checked out the samba yet.
  2. brindog

^ diggin it! Looks heaps nicer. :thumb: Bug in: http://www.vwdcqinc.org.au/ Im thinking about checking it out on the sunday. Well today was productive with the bug. Degrease engine and gear box, gear box had about 1/2 inch of oil and dirt caked on, even had to get into it big time with...
  3. brindog

Looks like it will turn out good binner. Way better than the alloy strips. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Im spending today degreasing and replacing axle boots. What a filthy job, good fun.... I also got to bog up a bit of rust in my drivers door so it can pass N.S.W blue slip...
  4. brindog

rubbers don't fit? Sorry if I missed it but did you get your kit from west coast metrics or somewhere else? Im going to need to order the door kit when I a bit of rust cut out from my door hinge area and door later in the year.
  5. brindog

Cheers guys, so happy with it, only been on 2 little drives and it's funny how much attention it gets with people coming up and wanting a chat and to take photos. Something to get used to I guess. Ill Defiantly check and change the fuel lines. [emoji106]
  6. brindog

Well...... I haven't been able to wipe my stupid arse grin off my face since last week. :dance: Picked up a pretty tidy 63 Beetle. She's a bit ruff around the edges but what do you expect from a 52 year old car. I'll start fixing up bits and pieces while keeping it on the road. Changed air and...
  7. brindog

How far is Too far?, when its XTR!

Im waiting for auto shifting with GPS memory on up coming trail obstacles and elevation. Thats when I'll invest but until then I'll stick with cables.
  8. brindog

What years you looking at with the Variant binner? There is a nice looking green 1970 one on car sales atm.
  9. brindog

Socceroos win the Asia Cup

WRC is where its at. Cars going around in circles... no thanks.
  10. brindog

Help with saddle choice????

But serisoly have a look at the Chromag range of saddles. Ive been running the Trail Master for Years on different bikes, Both the DT version and the normal one. Been the most comfortable for me after trying a number of different saddles. http://www.chromagbikes.com/saddles
  11. brindog

So true! They just have all the curves in the right places, those porsche head lights and nicest dash with no plastic. There is a really nice looking 62 on gumtree at the moment, but I needed a new bike so I'll have to wait. :(
  12. brindog

Irrational Fears

Farrrk!!! Thats a heavy story! Defiantly someone you don't want to tell off for being rude! haha!
  13. brindog

Cheers mate, I'll have to check them out. Cleaning up dads 78' T2 with new seals and interior bits, and I'm currently saving for a <66' Beetle which I'll more than likely need to fix up when I get one. Hopefully have one this time next year which can be my 'in-between jobs daily drive'...
  14. brindog

Hey Binner what shops do you use to get Genuine VW stuff for your T2? I used 'just kampers', and I've see 'The bus stop' but what are other good shops to checkout ?? Don't want to buy crappy Brazilian Parts only want Genuine German parts or Equivalent. :) Cheers Mate.
  15. brindog

Gloves you're lovin

The Best gloves I've owned where some Unit ones back in 2008. They don't sell them anymore, but they where super comfortable and really durable. Never ripped the palms or got holes in the fingers. The velcro is what final gave up after 2 years of solid use. Second would be Troy Lee Air gloves...