Recent content by brasstinman

1. B

29er pros and cons

I was down at my LBS and was chatting to them about 29ers and they said the whole concept of a 29er was due to the guys in the US riding in the desert and on rocky shelf type environments and the 29er wheels rolls over those surfaces much easier than a 26 inch wheel. And with larger riders 6+...
  2. B

Started riding again, looking for advice on a bike

That's good to know because i was thinking of getting something to muck around on but wasn't sure what size frame to get. I'm 185cm and was worried the 13.5" frame on an STP would be too small. But after reading around you don't sit on the seat, it's not what the bike is for so I guess I'll have...
  3. B

tMTBs Ep 43 All you ever wanted to know about buying a bicycle shop

Great podcast, I like the discussion about working in multiple retrailer stores before jumping into owning and managing a bicycle store. Thank you.
  4. B

SS ideas for STP

I reckon the DMR kit is the way to go. No hassles in the long run with tensions.
  5. B

Gates Carbon Drive - where can I buy?

Anyone had any luck with the belt drives?
  6. B

I saw their bikes, they look nice but costly.
  7. B

Thanks for the links Matt C. I'll check them out later today.
  8. B

what options do I have; Bringing my boy along for the ride.

We used a half bike connected to my seat post until the kids could ride on their own. That way they get the impression they're actually riding when in actual fact their being dragged around.
  9. B

I've spent the past few hours reading up on the Gates Carbon Belt Drive system and I'd love to know where I can buy one from. Apart from getting on the Trek District or Soho models or a few other brands out there I'm a bit stuck on where to go. The Gates site doesn't have any distributors...