Recent content by bhibbert

1. B

Flat Pedal roundup thread

Yeah that is what a double shot - one side flat the other clip. Just less aggressive flat more suited to light duties.
  2. B

Flat Pedal roundup thread

Crank Brothers double shot. On commuter bike - noramly commute to work on clips. Then for when am to lazy to walk to meeting just run the flats. On hack and thrash XC bike for rides with the wife. Depends on how I feel for the day. On dedicated bikes I run specifical what I need.
  3. B

Blood Racing. How fast do you bleed?

6 min flat today for whole blood. Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  4. B

Little Things You Hate

When the daily supply charge for power is more then the energy use, for the bill period. This is with no solar export. Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  5. B

Chain reaction cycles

Last week I placed a small order for 8 part numbers. Just to get some little odd and ends. All up 15 items. Well tonight I get home to find the leaning tower of Pisa on the front door step. 10 boxes, what the? One of them had 1 set of brake pads. What ever happens to economy of logistics...
  6. B

Little Things You Love

Not a Prius, but I am considering doing a MG mgb or a Triumph stag conversion to electric. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. B

1st aid kits - what do you carry?

Not so much first aid kit. But after i did my collar bone, in a spot with no phone reception. My wife made me get a spot tracker. Quite handy as has a couple of options for custom messages. So I can let her know I need help but I'm okay (maybe). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. B

Solar... who's clued in?

Do a lot of research on the performance of the panels, it is all dependent on your situation. Angle of incident, temperature coefficient, and many more. So many variables to work with and each brand does something better then the next. Do some sun calculations yourself many free programs that...
  9. B

Blood Racing. How fast do you bleed?

A little slow tonight. 7:26 for whole blood. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. B

Derby winter riding gear

Sealskinz waterproof socks and some good gloves. Otherwise accept that you will not feel them again. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. B

Derby in Tassi

February, March is the best. Winds have settled down, weather is settled and temp are good. All the mainland sailers migrate down here then and the yacht clubs all plane trips for this period. Just remember your long sleeves, to stop getting burt and ending up like a crayfish like most...
  12. B

2018 predictions

I will just leave this here. https://m.pinkbike.com/news/introducing-the-transition-petrol-video-2017.html Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. B

Post your all mountain bike

Can't really help it down here. Even when it has been dry for awhile, you still pick some up in the low shady spots. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. B

Have been thinking about it. But it is running well at the moment. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. B

Might just join in. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk