Recent content by Atomizer

1. Atomizer

The Photo Snob Thread

And what is being compared? Contrast, flare, sharpness, lens aberrations, bokeh..or, ultimately, the power of the image, it's lighting, subject and composition? Technical versus aesthetic/creative.
  2. Atomizer

The Photo Snob Thread

Images I constantly see produced from the f/1.2 'L' are often always remarkable mate but is that the photographer's skill or the lens? As you know all too well it's more the human eye behind the camera than it is the glass in front of it that makes an exceptional photo. ;)
  3. Atomizer

The Photo Snob Thread

Agreed, to a point, (and I'm not wanting to wave a shitty stick at tupper....not my intent) but I like the idea of the f/1.2 'L' more than the performance/price of it. It has been tested extensively and doesn't weigh up. If it performed as well as, or better than, the 'L' lenses on either side...
  4. Atomizer

The Photo Snob Thread

I haven't for a very good reason. It's no better, if not worse, optically than the 50mm f/1.4, which is almost 1/4 the price. Now that the Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L has finally been replaced it is currently the least performing of the Canon 'L' lenses. It's not rubbish; just not value for money.
  5. Atomizer

The Photo Snob Thread

The photozone review of the 50mm f/1.2 'L' raises questions about that claim. http://www.photozone.de/canon_eos_ff/472-canon_50_12_5d
  6. Atomizer

The Photo Snob Thread

My 5DMkII with Zacuto Z-Finder and Zoom H4n stereo recorder. Check out my Z-Finder review here. (Review displays incorrectly in IE but who use that anymore)
  7. Atomizer

SA State Champs

Some of the photos from the SA State Champs at Eagle MTB Park, Sunday Oct 4.
  8. Atomizer

State Champs 2009

Gallery Updating.
  9. Atomizer

The Photo Snob Thread

B+W MRC Slim Circular Polarizing filters and an Hoya Super Pro 1 Circular Polariser; only because B+W didn't make a slim 82mm when I needed one. Both of these are exeptional. Get them from MaxSaver (until recently www.hvstar.net)
  10. Atomizer

The 2009 Clict Photo Annual

I found a limited edition copy waiting for me on my return from Tassie. It doesn't get much better than this. Huge quality from front cover to back. Incredible photos throughout. The soft-cover version is now available in Adelaide newsagents so go out and grab a copy while you can.
  11. Atomizer

What are you listening to NOW?

Tad - Greasebox. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0l-Oqabipk
  12. Atomizer

Coolest Person In The World

Coolest? Steve Albini (only because Bill Hicks is dead). Prolific musician (Big Black, Rapeman, Shellac) and engineeer/producer (Pixies, Jesus Lizard, Killdozer, Helmet, Fugazi, Nirvana, Pegboy, OM, Dirty Three etc..etc) of some of the best music of the last 20 years. Big Black...
  13. Atomizer

The Photo Snob Thread

Finally my 5D MkII has arrived. The local camera store got just one body in it's initlial shipment and I was lucky to have been first to pre-order. So mine it is. It's just a pity the BG-E6 grip, extra batteries and 24mm f/1.4 L II I have ordered didn't come with the camera.
  14. Atomizer

Top TV of all time

Yep, I did. An incredible three season of television.
  15. Atomizer

The Photo Snob Thread

If anyone is interested I have a Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, that is no longer used, for sale. It is in mint condition (apart from minor lens hood thread scuffing) and with a lens hood. I can sell with the lens it's Hoya Super HMC Pro1 UV filter, which has been on since purchase, if...