Recent content by Ackland

1. Ackland

ACT CORC 24 Hour

Actually not bothering with that one. It's too far out from wembo to be useful
  2. Ackland

Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

But she does really enjoy Christmas https://www.facebook.com/share/v/Gb2YLpGvoimZr1iD/?mibextid=w8EBqM
  3. Ackland

Any Zwifters out there?

Just search for his channel "Billy's Bouncy Bag". Rearward facing camera on the steerer while @ozzybmx demonstrates the airflow of Merino jocks
  4. Ackland

Bought a comfort saddle, best thing ever.

Only stopped using them after destroying many pairs of Knicks on the nose.
  5. Ackland

Frosty Boy or Baked Alaska?

I'd go for another nice Merino based long sleeve and a windproof front gilet. I've got the chipolatas gloves and also some sealskinz gloves. Another option is SS Jersey and Merino arm warmers with gilet. I've found Layering much more useful than just zips Having said this, temps in Adelaide...
  6. Ackland

VIC Nicolai Argon GX-Partial build

Yeah and my L frame steel HT is about 20mm too long to be super comfy with drop bars but I'm sticking with it
  7. Ackland

VIC Nicolai Argon GX-Partial build

@ozzybmx going full circle back to a Nicolai!
  8. Ackland

Bought a comfort saddle, best thing ever.

100% disagree. Saddle comfort is about saddle fit and bike fit. Cushioning does SFA other than allow you to make up for a crap bike fit temporarily. A long ride on an over cushioned saddle will lead to the same soreness. 42yo. Sits more than stands.
  9. Ackland

Warburton trail updates

After only a few months of being open The great unwashed are complaining that the Remarkable Epic Trail is too challenging....
  10. Ackland

Any Zwifters out there?

That's how you know they're roadies
  11. Ackland

Any Zwifters out there?

Do you have an American cousin @rockmoose ? I got a "ride on" from A.Moose
  12. Ackland

Any Zwifters out there?

Coco was fine after 6x VO2max intervals this morning
  13. Ackland

The future of Slopestyle (Mens not going ahead tomorrow, Crankworx)

Comments above about $ reflect the issues facing many professional sports. Only the top 1% (probably much much less than 1%) in these smaller sports can actually make a living from it and even then, the athlete's money making years are very limited (look at Olympic swimmers). Sports and athlete...
  14. Ackland

Any Zwifters out there?

By trawling through all of the available "catch up" events I found Climb and Epic races that kinda fit in with what I could achieve.... but both on the same effing day! Got up at 4am to be warmed up for a 4:30am start "Climb" race - Smashed it with a 52:01 from the start pens to Alpe finish A...