Bargain buys thread

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
You can drop a grip 2 damper onto the z1s can’t you?
I haven’t tried with the VVC version, but you could with the version before that. I have one of the VVC versions sitting at work to try, but it’s not looking like I’ll get a chance to install it until next week.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
You can drop a grip 2 damper onto the z1s can’t you?
Yes but why bother? The VVC version is shit house. The Grip 1 is a great damper and can be locked out for out of the saddle climbing.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Not to brag, but...when I found the crank, I also found a heap of unworn gloves.
I'm good for gloves thanks, and cranks, and forks, and frames...probably don't need to spend any money on bikes for a few years, but no doubt I still will..just thought $90 for gloves was a bit ridiculous.

beeb

Yes but why bother? The VVC version is shit house. The Grip 1 is a great damper and can be locked out for out of the saddle climbing.
I keep reading this but can't get a sense of which flavour of shit it is. Is it choky garbage, or "is this even doing any damping" garbage?

I stuck a (non-VVC) Grip2 in a previous Z1 and it was a beautiful combination. Didn't gain much over the Grip damper except for over fast chatter where being able to back off the HSC made a decent difference.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I keep reading this but can't get a sense of which flavour of shit it is. Is it choky garbage, or "is this even doing any damping" garbage?

I stuck a (non-VVC) Grip2 in a previous Z1 and it was a beautiful combination. Didn't gain much over the Grip damper except for over fast chatter where being able to back off the HSC made a decent difference.
"Is this doing anything" garbage. The adjustment range is very very restricted compared to the non VVC Grip 2.

Choky garbage is RS motion control (and Charger 3).

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
"Is this doing anything" garbage. The adjustment range is very very restricted compared to the non VVC Grip 2.

Choky garbage is RS motion control (and Charger 3).

This was my experience too with the non VVT grip 2. A lot more mid stroke adjustment and support on compression with the HSC option but definitely had to run when rebound quite open to make the damper work properly.

beeb

Excellent, that’s what I was hoping for! :p I like pretty minimal amounts of damping, so it should work well for what I want. Worst case, the Grip will go back in.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm good for gloves thanks, and cranks, and forks, and frames...probably don't need to spend any money on bikes for a few years, but no doubt I still will..just thought $90 for gloves was a bit ridiculous.

You could be like that...but that z1 deal!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Fox Float x2. $450. Ooo. So tempting. Explosions be damned.

curmi

Likes Bikes

Got one almost as much getting a service on it

shiny

Just had mine done for $230 via Cyclinic. Pretty standard?

@shiny get one they're great fun. 2024 models don't grenade either.
Had a Cane Creek DB IL that would sink into its travel when climbing and cause the bike to climb like potato. Coil fixed it. Worried X2 will be similar to my CC experience.

Stock for the RS SDU coil is not due until Dec/Jan but won’t be a bargain.

M4RT0

Likes Bikes

Well, my Trance X shock is due for a service... pretty sure it'll fit? (185x55?)

Just don't know if I wanna run the gauntlet on reliability and subsequent replacement gamble!?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Had a Cane Creek DB IL that would sink into its travel when climbing and cause the bike to climb like potato. Coil fixed it. Worried X2 will be similar to my CC experience.
Yeah that's a fair concern. My only experience has been on a DW Link platform (Mojo) but I've never used the climb switch on it once. Solid pedalling platform with one on a mate's Enduro I rode too.

Mattyp

Cows go boing

Buy it, blow it up, 2024 warranty replacement... Happy days

shiny

Yeah that's a fair concern. My only experience has been on a DW Link platform (Mojo) but I've never used the climb switch on it once. Solid pedalling platform with one on a mate's Enduro I rode too.
Yup. Deviate were surprised I didn’t get on with the CC.
@Tubbsy has an X2 and likes it but he is running a different link to me. Analysis paralysis. If the coil version was on sale it would a no brainer.

Que thinking jug music.