What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Dropped the car off for a service and then had a nice 10km ride home, just in time for work.

It's funny but I have zero desire to own an eBike. It's all lovely for other people, I don't care any more, and I used to, but they are not for me.

I need all the available exercise I can get. I don't need battery assist, I need an elevated heart rate, for as long as possible, not less.

I'd rather manage my own condition, than the state of the battery.

As far as going further, going faster... pfffffft. Na, not interested.

Maybe, when I'm in my 70's... but right now... na.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
No eebs for me - they be bike heroin! Not even once or you’ll always crave it…

Heroin indeed. I bought my missus an ebike in 2017, a 85nm Giant Full E-Pro, so a proper full power FS bike. They were super small sizing so she got a large as it felt the best fit (which also fits me). Its basically a 140mm/150mm trance. Up until recently it had 400km on the clock in 5 years, probably around 800km now in the last few months. I didn't ride it all for 5 years as I wasn't interested.

Dont buy into the whole 'I get the same workout' as that's bullshit. You can definitely get a sweat up but that's not slogging up a hill at 7kph using 100% human power, its warp speed up a trail bouncing off the 25kph limiter.

They are a different kind of fun and personally its the best fun I've had on a bike in a long time. Not just because of the motor but the slack geo, 170mm at both ends, beefy wheels and running MaxxGrip DD tyres without thinking they are too chunky and slow for trail riding, meaning you have grip for days and sidewalls that allow you to attack sharp rocky descents without worrying, allowing you to make full use of that slack 170mm bike with the motor doing the work, compensating for the 1500g tyres on the climbs.

I'm able to attack techy climbs with features that only dreamed about doing on a normal bike and I would say my fitness was pretty good before that. Hit jump lines at Kersbrook and Pewsey that I hadn't hit before and it opens up a whole new world of cornering skills while climbing.

It wasn't really my decision initially as the people I was riding with when I went to Melrose were all on them and people visiting were hiring them from the bike shop to knock out fun loops, which are just about to get fun'erer.

Definitely a place in my bike collection for one and for maximum fun, get one while you have the skills, fitness and age to enjoy one to its full capacity.

Last edited:

crash3

Likes Dirt
Heroin indeed. I bought my missus an ebike in 2017, a 85nm Giant Full E-Pro, so a proper full power FS bike. They were super small sizing so she got a large as it felt the best fit (which also fits me). Its basically a 140mm/150mm trance. Up until recently it had 400km on the clock in 5 years, probably around 800km now in the last few months. I didn't ride it all for 5 years as I wasn't interested.

Dont buy into the whole 'I get the same workout' as that's bullshit. You can definitely get a sweat up but that's not slogging up a hill at 7kph using 100% human power, its warp speed up a trail bouncing off the 25kph limiter.

They are a different kind of fun and personally its the best fun I've had on a bike in a long time. Not just because of the motor but the slack geo, 170mm at both ends, beefy wheels and running MaxxGrip DD tyres without thinking they are too chunky and slow for trail riding, meaning you have grip for days and sidewalls that allow you to attack sharp rocky descents without worrying, allowing you to make full use of that slack 170mm bike with the motor doing the work, compensating for the 1500g tyres on the climbs.

I'm able to attack techy climbs with features that only dreamed about doing on a normal bike and I would say my fitness was pretty good before that. Hit jump lines at Kersbrook and Pewsey that I hadn't hit before and it opens up a whole new world of cornering skills while climbing.

It wasn't really my decision initially as the people I was riding with when I went to Melrose were all on them and people visiting were hiring them from the bike shop to knock out fun loops, which are just about to get fun'erer.

Definitely a place in my bike collection for one and for maximum fun, get one while you have the skills, fitness and age to enjoy one to its full capacity.
Well said. My e-bike experience was the same RE: tech climbs. Did a climb I wouldn't have dreamed of attempting on an 'acoustic' bike, twice in the same day.
To be honest it's really just made me realize I miss having a proper dirt bike - might have to look into changing that. For now I'll keep my acoustic mtb, and aim to get a offroad motorbike.