You laugh you lose

moorey

call me Mia
dunno man, will smith needs to take the "calm the fuck down" pills. no-one's going to do a roast on that fucker without armoured glass between them.
Agreed. But Chris Rock is being a flog. There’s roasting, then there’s publicly, worldwide, airing dirty laundry.
I think they’re pretty much all flogs FWIW.

moorey

call me Mia
Why not, they're all clowns.
Hard agree.
Granted, I’m not a TV/movie guy, but the minute they get any fame, most of them start to believe they are a superior class of person who’s opinion matters more. Unfortunately, most are dumb as rocks, and promote stupid and/or dangerous ideas and products.
Generalising much?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Agreed. But Chris Rock is being a flog. There’s roasting, then there’s publicly, worldwide, airing dirty laundry.
I think they’re pretty much all flogs FWIW.
what dirty laundry? maybe what chris rock said was in poor taste, but it didn't justify violence. smith could have talked to the media after the oscars about his wife being a chrome dome via alopecia or whatever is going on there, and rock would have been the cunt.

In any case, it's clear that the oscars are the everest of circle jerks for the movie industry.

moorey

call me Mia
what dirty laundry? maybe what chris rock said was in poor taste, but it didn't justify violence. smith could have talked to the media after the oscars about his wife being a chrome dome via alopecia or whatever is going on there, and rock would have been the cunt.

In any case, it's clear that the oscars are the everest of circle jerks for the movie industry.
I couldn’t hear the original audio, and assumed it was about his wife’s well publicised affair/s. Was actually a crack about her alopecia, as you said. Makes it even stupider.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I couldn’t hear the original audio, and assumed it was about his wife’s well publicised affair/s. Was actually a crack about her alopecia, as you said. Makes it even stupider.
So... after doing some reading on Twitter today, I worked out the following:
  • Rock is supposed to be a friend of both Will and Jada;
  • He had made previous jokes and been warned that she was off-limits;
  • Jada has been subject to commentary ( noting they are a couple within the entertainment industry) about their family, the couple's open relationship, her ties to Tupac (new to me);
  • There are suggestions the whole incident was staged.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Makes you wonder how Smith reacts when his wife talks back to him? All very immature, but hey, it's Hollywood!