Bargain buys thread

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I will buck the trend and say I much preferred the e13 Semi Slick to the Minion SS I had. High volume and actually works on wide rims unlike the Minion (where the side knobs engaged all the time). I've only used the 'plus' compound which lasted pretty well too.

Never tried any of the other E13 tyres.
+1 on this, I had the "Race" compound dual-ply and it was a damn good tyre, just a little heavy for day to day use.

moorey

call me Mia
I will buck the trend and say I much preferred the e13 Semi Slick to the Minion SS I had. High volume and actually works on wide rims unlike the Minion (where the side knobs engaged all the time). I've only used the 'plus' compound which lasted pretty well too.

Never tried any of the other E13 tyres.
SS needs to come in bigger than 2.3 to make it a good option as a dry hard pack tyre. I still run one on the 26 Alpine, but it is doing 75% bitumen and gravel kms at the moment.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Yeah, the owner sold the business to Trek about 3 months ago. We didn't order anything new in for about 2 months up to the change over.

Have to say, TBE has been amazing to work for (started working there in 2015). I don't think I'll ever work for another bike shop/company that had it's stock control at the same level at TBE. The way the warehouse ran, supplying online across Australia and 6 stores (5 TBE and 1 MyRide) was insane. The POS system, FusionPOS, that they built from the ground up shits all over anything else available on the market. I'm back working at 99 Bikes now and to see a company that basically has an endless supply of money not have a good POS system is crazy.

RIP cheap maxxis tyres and clothing availability in WA.
What are they doing with all the old stock? I drive past a TBE almost daily and haven't seen any signs of change...

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What are they doing with all the old stock? I drive past a TBE almost daily and haven't seen any signs of change...
Go inside? Signage wouldn't change for 3-6 months. Nedlands store will move up Stirling Hwy closer to Claremont within 2 months.

Most of the stores will get a facelift before the end of the year, they hope...

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Go inside? Signage wouldn't change for 3-6 months. Nedlands store will move up Stirling Hwy closer to Claremont within 2 months.

Most of the stores will get a facelift before the end of the year, they hope...
Fitout for Claremont starts on the 15/08 I believe.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Pushys have some good Garmin watch specials today if you want a Fenix 6X

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Pushys have some good Garmin watch specials today if you want a Fenix 6X
Been watching (heh) these too...
Seems like Rebel Sports, JB Hifi, et al. all have the same deals. Must be end of line, Garmin bringing out a new model.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Seems like Rebel Sports, JB Hifi, et al. all have the same deals. Must be end of line, Garmin bringing out a new model.
Yeah, probably right there. I wish Fox did that...

Minlak

custom titis
The Fenix 7 is due to land but will be $1200 - $1500 so those 6X going cheap are awesome value - was hoping my 5 would die before I am forced to buy a 7 ads replacement instead of a 6