Little Things You Love

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
First holiday in a long time...made it to Jindabyne today, will hopefully make it onto snow tomorrow. But am fairly sure it will more likely be quite slushy. I can currently hear rain falling on the roof.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
First day as a part-time stay at home dad. Little fella asleep on me in the carrier and I have time to post this, so I count that as a win. Glad to have a job flexible enough to allow me to drop down to 3 days indefinitely and grateful to be able to spend quality time with my son from such a young age to bond with him.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
First day as a part-time stay at home dad. Little fella asleep on me in the carrier and I have time to post this, so I count that as a win. Glad to have a job flexible enough to allow me to drop down to 3 days indefinitely and grateful to be able to spend quality time with my son from such a young age to bond with him.
Awesome stuff. I did the full time Dad gig for 2 years. 3 kids though so every day was hectic. Now part time work and days off at home with kids.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Yep same, though I work from home full time, so been a stay at home Dad for 13 years, and counting.
That’s fantastic. We have had to use childcare this year as wife and my work days clashed. Only 2 days a week but still not a fan. Would love to still be at home all the time but need the extra income!

Elbo

Awesome stuff. I did the full time Dad gig for 2 years. 3 kids though so every day was hectic. Now part time work and days off at home with kids.
That's awesome! I can only imagine how hectic it was with 3 kids. Such a good balance working part time and spending time with the kids though.

Yep same, though I work from home full time, so been a stay at home Dad for 13 years, and counting.
Dream set up. Would love to work for myself one day doing something kids could get involved with if they wanted.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches

Elbo

It’s not all it’s cracked up to be - I did nearly 2 hrs overtime last week - that made it 12hrs in total for the week
I'm technically on 3 days a week, but generally end up working the equivalent of 4 days with how busy we are.

moorey

call me Mia
I've never understood the confusion around his 'unknown unknowns' comment. It's a perfectly succinct way of describing mad shit that can come straight out of left field yet the press kept treating it like it was one of George W's gaffes
I just already saw it as very disingenuous. Bush was a moron. Rumsfeld knew exactly what was going on.
Maybe I’ve just missed the point.