What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yesterday did more trail maintenance at Fox Creek for the soft reopening today. No way in hell I'm going near the joint today, it will be absolute bedlam on the few open trails.
Good work!

What trails are open ? I'm on nightshifts so won't get up but yeah, it would be pandemonium up there today.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
My mate bought a 2016 v2 Bronson the other day, large. He's got a v1 large, which is hilariously small for him. I tried to tell him, he even rode mine, which by today's standards is still too small, but he got a large anyway, and has now done it again with a slightly larger large.

He claims to have short arms but he's taller than me, he's 188cm I think, definitely XL for most bikes. He can't seem to get over the old sizing he's been so used to.
Funnily enough my mate with the new Enduro (couple of pages back) has been battling with the same issues. Around the same height but all legs, so the low standover stuff is of limited use and the longer and longer reaches less so. He's accepted now that 480mm+ of reach is where it's at (particularly with his S4 which has a nice low stack height for its size) but he's spent a bit of time riding large sizes with some fairly lengthy saddle heights.

I think the way bike geometry is going has benefitted a lot of people, but if you have a long inseam and prefer a short reach or ETT or whatever you're probably better off on bikes from a few years ago when all bike sizing was measured by the seat tube length rather than reach or wheelbase.

Last edited:

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Easy Rider and Outcrops don't actually join up to their original start though. We were brushcutting, and raking them, until suddenly they just stop with nowhere to go. You can clearly see to where they used to start about 50 metres away, but from the forestry clearing work, there is positively no way through.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
From Fox Creek's site. They chopped the photo short, but you should get the idea.
All that shuttle commotion over 3 gravity trails. Pattos, Long and Blue Groove.
The rest are all the XC loop ready for the Dirty Weekend 24hr in 2 weeks time.

rockmoose

Damn... still a lot that's closed. No Ant Logic, Dirty Little Secrets or Fox Fast :( Place really got hammered hey.
We did a heap of work on Ant Logic, a few months back. It is perfect until a couple of hundred metres from the end, where it had a landslide needing major restoration/redesigning. It will be back soon. Dirty little secrets was totalled by the forestry guys, so will have to be completely rebuilt. I reckon Fox Fast will be open within a month or two.

rockmoose

All that shuttle commotion over 3 gravity trails. Pattos, Long and Blue Groove.
The rest are all the XC loop ready for the Dirty Weekend 24hr in 2 weeks time.
Yes. Imagine a couple of thousand people trying to get a clean, fast run down those 3.